Thread: How do I remove the door card? - Door is Stuck in Locked Position - C5 '03 RS6

How do I remove the door card? - Door is Stuck in Locked Position - C5 '03 RS6

How do I remove the door card when door is locked closed? -- My '03 RS6's rear driver's door is 'stuck' in locked position. The actuator is working and the lock piston moves up and down, but it will not release the lock. The 'child lock' is engaged as well. I do not want to trash my door in any way trying to get it open. Can some please help?

Here is the info from the catalog. Hope this can help. Not sure if you can gain access to the screws on the side of the door while it is closed though.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DoorTrim.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	18878

Door is lock in closed position. -- Anyone have knowledge of slim-jimming the rear locking mechanism?

I think if you take it to a police station they may have the tool to unlock the door. You could try that approach and see if you find a kind soul that would be willing to try.

Thanks - good idea

Quote Originally Posted by nene View Post
    I think if you take it to a police station they may have the tool to unlock the door. You could try that approach and see if you find a kind soul that would be willing to try.
    Similarly, many locksmith's off lock "popping" service, and it's usually not too expensive.

Stop a tow truck guy on the street, and most will do it for $20. I worked for a tow truck company for years, and we can pop most locks in under a minute. It's a part of the job.