Thread: Did the North American RS6's come with front parking sensors?

Did the North American RS6's come with front parking sensors?

I'm trying to track down the Parking Aid Switch for the RS6 and I'm not having much luck locally. Did the North american RS6's come with front parking sensors? The one I have in my Avant is suffering from the chipped paint syndrome these C5's are known for.

It is part no. 16 in the diagram.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Parking aid Switch.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	18870
    2004 RS6 Avant
    1994 RS2 Avant
    2008 S4 Avant

Blau,

The US RS6 didn't come with front parking sensors.
    However, I did test drive one in 2008 in San Diego, CA that was a lemon law return that did have front sensors and rear sensors. There wasn't a button in the dashboard but I clearly remember it chirping as I got close to the curb.

I have also read on here that there are several "unicorns" that were exec cars with front sensors.

It would seem that it would be an easy retrofit as ETKA has diagrams for it and part numbers.
    As far as the dashboard module, suggest ebay.de...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Blau,

The US RS6 didn't come with front parking sensors.
    However, I did test drive one in 2008 in San Diego, CA that was a lemon law return that did have front sensors and rear sensors. There wasn't a button in the dashboard but I clearly remember it chirping as I got close to the curb.

I have also read on here that there are several "unicorns" that were exec cars with front sensors.

It would seem that it would be an easy retrofit as ETKA has diagrams for it and part numbers.
    As far as the dashboard module, suggest ebay.de...

Thanks, I figured it would involve some international shipping. It's definitely a nice feature.

Dave
    2004 RS6 Avant
    1994 RS2 Avant
    2008 S4 Avant