Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Me Manual RS6 "Project"

I am speechless. Amazing work. I wish I had 1/10th of the balls you have to try and pull this off. I just have to throw money at talented people that have more patience than me
    03 RS6 Misano Red / Ebony - #905040 - In for the shit show

Hah thank you. Lots of patience is right. I'm an expert at pulling the engine out now so that's a plus.

Cant wait to really get her dialed in. Now that it's running, I cant wait to post up some more videos (Hopefully it snows this year) Haha.

I love this thread so much!
    Your videos are always friggin hilarious.
    Keep up the awesome work. Definitely an inspiration.
    Post up some videos when you do some tuning dyno pulls or hit the track!

Hey thanks man! It's been super fun putting this together over the past few months. I've put almost another 250 miles on the car, the clutch should be broken in by the end of the weekend... then it's time to Stage 1 'er.

Heres my 01e 6sp cruising on the highway. I thought 3000 RPM on stock 6th gear w/ 4.11's was 75mph? Either I'm wrong or my speedo is wrong Haha.

20MPG takin' her easy.

20190504_051948 by Joel Francisco
    Last edited by jolio1994; May 4th, 2019 at 14:36.

Where can one buy this 'Steveken' kit? Also, what does it include / not include? Other than a gearbox / clutch / pedal set what other parts are required?

Easiest to email him. skendrish@hotmail.com

The kit includes adapter plate, 10 bolt flywheel, starter, and neccessary bolts.
    I bought an entire running A6 2.7t 6sp and partes out everything I didnt need, came out on top actually... so that gave me:
    Trans
    Axles
    Driveshaft
    Pedal Assembly
    Wiring for Brakes and Clutch Switches
    Shift Linkage

Cant think of anything else, but theres probably more you need, either way, purchasing the entire A6 will solve that.

All that's left is the clutch which was like another $1000.

Quote Originally Posted by jolio1994 View Post
    Easiest to email him. skendrish@hotmail.com

The kit includes adapter plate, 10 bolt flywheel, starter, and neccessary bolts.
    I bought an entire running A6 2.7t 6sp and partes out everything I didnt need, came out on top actually... so that gave me:
    Trans
    Axles
    Driveshaft
    Pedal Assembly
    Wiring for Brakes and Clutch Switches
    Shift Linkage

Cant think of anything else, but theres probably more you need, either way, purchasing the entire A6 will solve that.

All that's left is the clutch which was like another $1000.
    Very helpful, thank you very much! I will email him direct.

I also used the Steve Ken kit and highly recommend it. I also got all of the conversion parts to include a Euro C5 TDI tranny with the higher gearing from Scotty at Advanced Automotion. Great parts. https://advancedautomotion.com/shop/...roducts_id/314

Jolio 1994, after you break in that clutch I'd like to hear your feedback/impressions. I have the AMC Stage 3+ and I like it so far but I've only got 50 miles on it and we'll see how it is after my tuning is finished and get more miles on it.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

It's funny, i guess most guys modding these cars have done multiple engine pulls over dumb shit, but I bet you'll be doing it again when you install bigger turbo's

Nice thread!!
    BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, Full 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, ECU/TCU Tuned, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned. Fastest RS6 in the USA :)

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    I also used the Steve Ken kit and highly recommend it. I also got all of the conversion parts to include a Euro C5 TDI tranny with the higher gearing from Scotty at Advanced Automotion. Great parts. https://advancedautomotion.com/shop/...roducts_id/314

Jolio 1994, after you break in that clutch I'd like to hear your feedback/impressions. I have the AMC Stage 3+ and I like it so far but I've only got 50 miles on it and we'll see how it is after my tuning is finished and get more miles on it.
    So far the clutch feels great. It was a little high at first, but after 600 miles so far it seems to be becoming more progressive with the pedal. Very light, almost stock B5 S4 stock... Chatters a bit, but what 850tq limit clutch wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by s8prtotype View Post
    It's funny, i guess most guys modding these cars have done multiple engine pulls over dumb shit, but I bet you'll be doing it again when you install bigger turbo's

Nice thread!!
    Once it's manual, and you have a bag full of left over bolts and nuts you forgot to install, the engine/trans only takes a little over 2 hours to remove from the car haha. Bigger turbos? Maybe... Everything up until the engine needs to be opened up. Once you do that, all reliability is thrown out the window it seems. I just rolled over 90,000 miles last night on the way home from New York. One last 0-130 pull with the clutch fully broken in before I have it tuned. After that, I'll probably just use it for larger East Coast Car Shows and to get groceries lmao.

It's not a B5 man haha, the motor will handle plenty. Technically no one has reached the limit of the stock block yet.
    BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, Full 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, ECU/TCU Tuned, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned. Fastest RS6 in the USA :)

A little photoshoot to close it out. Having the car tuned this coming week, and then will be dialing it in for Waterfest Drags on July 21st.

Build, Race, Break, Repeat?
    20190510_075744 by Joel Francisco
    20190510_075715 by Joel Francisco

20190510_075417 by Joel Francisco
    20190510_075645 by Joel Francisco
    20190510_075250 by Joel Francisco

Thought I'd compare your mph/rpm to mine...I have no idea what gearing I have on my 01E though. Can someone tell me from these?

Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190513_173545.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	18835   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190513_182615.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	18836  
    2003 Avus RS6 01E, nubcake, Hotchkis
    2003 Daytona RS6 01E, nubcake, Hotchkis, rear ended at 50mph, totaled, RIP
    1991 Acura NSX, supercharged, 425rwhp, recently sold

The stock .68 will do 3100 @80mph. The TDI 6th gear is .56 which is good for 2400 @80mph, which it appears you have.

Quote Originally Posted by jolio1994 View Post
    The stock .68 will do 3100 @80mph. The TDI 6th gear is .56 which is good for 2400 @80mph, which it appears you have.
    Got it, thanks!!
    2003 Avus RS6 01E, nubcake, Hotchkis
    2003 Daytona RS6 01E, nubcake, Hotchkis, rear ended at 50mph, totaled, RIP
    1991 Acura NSX, supercharged, 425rwhp, recently sold

What?????? You're selling her already???

I will say I have enjoyed your thread and good luck to you on the sale and your future projects.

Quote Originally Posted by strlgag View Post
    What?????? You're selling her already???

I will say I have enjoyed your thread and good luck to you on the sale and your future projects.

Nah just "listed".

I just dont have the time for it anymore. It's a distraction I dont need between work and school.

Buttttt.... if it doesnt sell I'd be more than happy to keep it. Its truly an awesome car.

So, here we go again...

Not really sure what the problem is, but I was driving to work and the clutch pedal started acting up. It felt very springy if you pushed it in and released quickly, like more than usual. If I held it in the pedal would come up about half way, and if I pushed it in a second time it would stick to the floor. Had my co-worker look at it and almost immediately the pedal went down and stayed down, and that's where it stayed. I could pull it up, but it will rapidly spring back down if you push. I cracked the bleeder and fluid immediately came out. Tried bleeding it, but wasn't able to get any pressure. 70 miles from home was a bit too much of a tow so I drove it home without the clutch shifting at 2400 rpm and somehow not stopping. Talk about stressful.

Once I got home I removed the slave and master cylinder. The slave is brand new and seems to be doing fairly good. The master cylinder, well, I don't really know. It's just a plunger from what I could see.

Hmmm... what to replace...
    20190602_232530 by Joel Francisco