Thread: Upper control arm bushings shot - kit from 034 or EVS or??

Upper control arm bushings shot - kit from 034 or EVS or??

Time to replace some suspension parts as my upper control arm bushings are shot at almost 90,000 miles. I have a highly trusted suspension guy that will do the work, I just need quality parts. Should I replace only what is necessary, or do the entire suspension? I figure if some of the bushes are bad, the rest can't be too far behind on a 16 year old car. Any advice from anyone that's been in there?

The complete kit on ESC Tuning looks great: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-assemble...re/c5rs6cakit/

034 kit sounds better, but not as complete: https://store.034motorsport.com/cont...-uprights.html
    03 RS6 Avus, 80 Modena Spyder, 93 Porsche 964 Cab, 11 Toyota Sienna SE, 95 John Deere 345 w/42" snow blower

ECS one is RS6 specific, 034 is not.
    The difference is in lower front control arm (straight).
    RS6-specific one (alu subframe) features "extra stiff" LCAs with metal washers on the big end.
    Pay attention to pics:
    https://store.034motorsport.com/medi...-034-401-1.jpg
    https://c1552172.ssl.cf0.rackcdn.com/144708_x800.webp

This being said, I'm running the "ordinary" ones for a few years in my alu subframe and nothing had broken yet.
    I didn't notice any difference in handling either, but I'm not that much of a racer.

I pieced mine all together through FCP Euro using Meyle HD parts where available. I got the RS6 specific lower control arms. All together the price was $634, including strut bushings and tie rod ends. All the parts seemed to be well made and good quality, and the car handles well, although I by no means race or track it.
    RS6 #1, 01E, 2.5" straight pipes, AMD Stage 1 6MT tune, 460awhp/530awtq on AMD's Mustang dyno. TOTALLED.. RS6 #2, Ebony Black Pearl on black/silver combination with carbon, up and running with 6 gears and AMD tune.

My parts guy recommended Lemforder when available, so when I did all of my front arms, it's mostly Lemforder with a few Meyle HD when we could not get Lemforder.

Regarding how many arms to replace, I did the front lowers and the front uppers as sets. So, first I blew a bushing on the upper CA's, and replaced all 4. Then I had a failure of one lower bushing, so did all 4 lowers. This was last year at 90k miles.

Even a seasoned suspension guy may not be aware that the bolts for the LCA's need to be finally torqued with the car's weight on it. Uppers should be replaced one arm at a time, ensuring that the resting heights are equal, if that makes sense.

Wow, you guys rock. I'll have my guy inspect the suspension and we can order only necessary pieces. If the total gets close to the entire kit, then I'll buy the kit. I want to have the parts on hand for my mechanic so he can cruise through the project. Hmmm, who has the best deals...
    03 RS6 Avus, 80 Modena Spyder, 93 Porsche 964 Cab, 11 Toyota Sienna SE, 95 John Deere 345 w/42" snow blower

I just bought the whole kit to have just in case we find more wear. This will save time waiting for parts and express shipping and labor cost for partial assembly while waiting. The installer will install what is required and the rest will remain for the next owner. I'm looking at an RS7....

Thanks for everyone's help.