Thread: Water introduction on Driver's side.

Water introduction on Driver's side.

Hey, all!

Got an issue hopefully you experts can help with.

I'm having water introduction on my driver's side, and I'm not sure where to go next (I can see slight rust on my seat slider, and my body control module has popped one fuse and occasionally misbehaves).
    I have ruled out sunroof drains (already had the straw inserted by the dealer, and they flow freely), and cowl drains.
    It only happens with really hard Florida rain, but that's pretty regular for us (it's as close to we get to Quattro season).

I think it's coming from the window / door adjustment relative to the body. I should also mention that at high speeds (80-90+), I can hear and feel wind coming around the front driver's door, so I suspect that's where I should focus my efforts next.

Should I just move the door striker in a mm or 2? My door alignment is perfect, so I'd prefer to adjust the window frame in a bit, I assume?
    I can't find anything at all about how to adjust the window frame, and I can't believe that Audi would adjust them by feel, but I can believe that there's a crazy expensive tool to set the alignment.

Any advice from someone with experience in this area is appreciated.

Thanks!

Cowl.
    1) Check drains
    2) Check the plastic cover is actually attached firmly to the windshield.
    Usually it's either broken off and moves freely or something similar. Rain water runs down the cabin filter and into the heater, then gets distributed into the cabin, depending on how flaps are positioned. Usually TCU (passenger side) drowns, but sometimes it can be driver's side.

Thanks man, I'll double check all that tomorrow & report back.
    I did clear the cowl drain the first time I saw this (condensation on the inside of the lower windshield and driver's window), but there was a ring where water had clearly been standing before. I had ruled it out, but I'll look again.