Thread: New RS6 owner. Allow me to introduce myself.

Pictures New RS6 owner. Allow me to introduce myself.

I've been a member here a while and lurked a bit, but now that I've finally bought an RS6 I'll be much more active. Whenever I buy a new to me car I dive into the online community to draw from and hopefully add to the knowledge base. I also find that online forums for niche cars like the RS6 are good places to meet great people that share my interests and are generally good fun to hang out with. I've found this true of the Corrado community on VWvortex, the UrS Audi community on AudiWorld and now QuattroWorld as well as the 928 community on Rennlist.

I'm live in MI, about 35 miles NW of Detroit. I was a validation engineer in the auto industry for 12 years before leaving that to become self-employed. In the auto industry I tested and crashed cars for a living. It's fun getting paid to break stuff, but it's more fun being your own boss. Now I make and sell nameplates and decals for industrial equipment mostly, but I can make or source any part that has text or graphics printed or painted on it. Being a mechanical engineer I love all things mechanical and do almost all of my own mechanical work on my cars, except welding, alignments and tire mounting/balancing. I don't have the equipment for that. I leave paint and body work to the pros.

Enough of the boring stuff about me and a bit about the car I just purchased. It's Mugello blue with Ebony interior and CF trim and some very nice mods. I can never leave a car stock, so buying one with many of the mods that I would have done anyway helps keep my wallet healthy. The major ones are Stortec Mono 10 wheels, Ohlins/Stasis coilovers, Sportec cat-back exhaust, and a VAST stage 1 tune.

I actually haven't taken delivery of the car yet. It's having new tires installed and I will pick it up next week, so pics from the FS add will have to do for now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	18808 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	04.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	18810 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	18811 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	18812
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181123_114645.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	18809  

Congrats and welcome.

Nice looking car and welcome to the club! How many miles on it? Any immediate plans?

87k miles on it. The engine was just replaced with one that has 42k due to the timing belt snapping on the previous owner.

The turbos and trans were also just rebuilt. No immediate plans, but it will get a 6-speed swap sooner than later.

Welcome to the forum! I recognize the User Name from the urS4 Quattroworld forums.

I'm in the same boat, just waiting to take possession of my RS6 Avant. Nice to see there are still new owners getting involved on this site. I think we'll be needing the help.
    2004 RS6 Avant
    1994 RS2 Avant
    2008 S4 Avant

Quote Originally Posted by Blau_RS2 View Post
    Welcome to the forum! I recognize the User Name from the urS4 Quattroworld forums.

I'm in the same boat, just waiting to take possession of my RS6 Avant. Nice to see there are still new owners getting involved on this site. I think we'll be needing the help.
    That's me. I've been on the AW and now QW UrS forums for about 15 years. I'll still be active over there even without a UrS anymore. It's a great community and I know way too much about those cars not to share it with other owners.

Did you import the Avant yourself or buy it after it was already brought over? I like C5 Avants, but I prefer the sedan for myself. My wife had a C5 S6 Avant from 2007-2014. That was a great car and still felt solid at 200k miles when we sold it to buy a C6 Avant for her. First an '08 with the 3.2L. That was rear ended and totaled last year and I replaced it with a '11 with the 3.0T. The 3.0T is such a nice engine. It's faster than the C5 S6 V8.

Quote Originally Posted by ThetaTau87 View Post
    That's me. I've been on the AW and now QW UrS forums for about 15 years. I'll still be active over there even without a UrS anymore. It's a great community and I know way too much about those cars not to share it with other owners.

Did you import the Avant yourself or buy it after it was already brought over? I like C5 Avants, but I prefer the sedan for myself. My wife had a C5 S6 Avant from 2007-2014. That was a great car and still felt solid at 200k miles when we sold it to buy a C6 Avant for her. First an '08 with the 3.2L. That was rear ended and totaled last year and I replaced it with a '11 with the 3.0T. The 3.0T is such a nice engine. It's faster than the C5 S6 V8.
    I imported the Avant from Japan. There is quite a few coming into Canada at the moment and some of those are heading to the US to get federalized. I've always liked the C5 avants as well and bought an Allroad for my Mother-in-Law. I drove a 3.0T A6 Avant and the engine felt great but it just felt a little plain on the inside. I've been spoiled driving the S and RS cars.
    2004 RS6 Avant
    1994 RS2 Avant
    2008 S4 Avant

Very nice car, congrats and welcome! almost the exact same mileage when i picked mine up in October of 2016.

Blau, is your Avant a Left hand drive?
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    Blau, is your Avant a Left hand drive?
    You bet. Most high end German cars coming out of Japan are left hand drive.
    2004 RS6 Avant
    1994 RS2 Avant
    2008 S4 Avant