Thread: Brake warning light coming on while turning right???...

Brake warning light coming on while turning right???...

Hi there,

So my car decided to throw me a little puzzle here. For starter, i do not have a Vag com and i will be going to see a friend soon that has one to check the codes.

i also have a torn CV boot that i am to replace shortly, and my abs light started to come on time to time, which i assume could be from the torn CV boot with the grease playing a role on the sensor maybe? I could be wrong. any ideas?

As of a couple of days ago, the car started to give me a alarm time to time on RIGHT TURNS ONLY while driving, regardless of speed, sometimes even on the freeway on a right turn. It will do 3 beeps and the red BRAKE display coming on the dash. I started to look at my E-brake being the possible problem but it is not on when this happens and i am not sure where to look for that sensor if it is the issue. Any ideas on that? anyone ever dealt with that?

Thanks

That is what happens when you are low on brake fluid.

Top it off and you should be good to go.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

If it is low on fluid you should check the brake pads for wear and for leaks in the system. The only reason the fluid level should go down is pads wearing down or a leak.

I agree with Steve, probably just low on fluid and the centrifugal force when doing the turns drops the float just enough. And as said above, probably just brakes worn close to the limit causing low fluid or a leak.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    I agree with Steve, probably just low on fluid and the centrifugal force when doing the turns drops the float just enough. And as said above, probably just brakes worn close to the limit causing low fluid or a leak.

Ah OK did not even think of this one at all. I have checked the wear on the pads and they looked to be at about 60% or so i don't think that is it but i'll do another check. I am really hoping not to find a leak in the system! I am riding today due to the beautiful weather in the PNW and i work graveyard so it will check tomorrow and let the results be known! Thank you all!

UPDATE: You fellows were correct, low fluid. Now, time to check on the reason why it is low, starting with the wear on the pads and any possible leaks... I guess i will start with the pads and go from there.