Thread: And now for something completely different!...

Hybrid View

3 months and 2600 miles in and I can't wipe the grin off my face when I think about or drive the car.

Also, I just received an over-the-air update that added about 25 hp (yes, really), and installed a very cool security system that uses the car's 12 cameras to record possible incidences of damage that occur while the car is parked.

Hoping to hit the drag strip this weekend to see what she'll do.... Guessing 11.6 or 11.7...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ZCD2.7T View Post
    3 months and 2600 miles in and I can't wipe the grin off my face when I think about or drive the car.

Also, I just received an over-the-air update that added about 25 hp (yes, really), and installed a very cool security system that uses the car's 12 cameras to record possible incidences of damage that occur while the car is parked.

Hoping to hit the drag strip this weekend to see what she'll do.... Guessing 11.6 or 11.7...
    She ran 11.756 into a 20 mph headwind. Probably a high 11.5 in better conditions.

6 month update:

As predicted by the many Tesla naysayers, mine has been an absolutely horrific ownership experience thus far (@ 5K miles):

-Not a single issue or problem to bitch about.
    -The car is both faster AND smarter than the day I bought it.
    -Musk said it would be faster around a track than an M3, and he was proven right!
    -Handling is similar to the top-spec European competitors, though the retail price is 20+% lower than any of them.
    -The audio system is among the best I've heard in any vehicle, despite no brand name on any of the components.
    -Front seats are amazingly comfortable.
    -SO smooth and quiet.
    -Fantastic visibility - hood drops away dramatically, and the fenders lend it a 911-like view of the road.
    -Road-tripped 400 miles to Northern Michigan recently, and the 2 Supercharging stops required less than 25 minutes in total. I lunched during the first stop and did my grocery-shopping during the second. 6:50 door-to-door including the stops, or just about on par with the time generally required in our ICE vehicles..
    -The "limited" auto-pilot function makes long-distance highway driving much less fatiguing.
    -Zero maintenance required - now or really ever.
    -It feels like it was hewn from a solid steel ingot.

AND, it's more fun to drive than any car I've ever owned.

Horrific, indeed. ;-)

Previous to the Tesla, my S6 and my B8 S4 had been tied as the best cars I'd owned. The Tesla improves upon the fun-to-drive aspect that was my favorite thing about the S4, while also equaling or bettering the refinement and speed that were my favorite aspects of the S6.