Hi all,

I have a no-start condition on my RS6. I've narrowed it down to a lack of fuel. I don't hear the fuel pumps at all when I turn the key on. Before leaping into a fuel pump replacement project I started from the electrical side, which seems to have borne fruit, unlike the times on previous Audis where I hoped for an electrical problem only to have to get into the tank.

After some searching I finally found the J538 module behind the right side upper rear seat extension, behind some foam. (Were they trying to hide it??) With some difficulty I removed the connectors and I have confirmed that there's over 10 volts at the input during cranking. If I apply battery to the outputs directly I hear both pumps. So it appears it's the control module that's failed. (I say appears because I have not yet tried jumping the input to the outputs and verifying the car runs -- that's the next step.)

I'd like to take the module apart and inspect it, but I can't figure out how to get it out of the car. There are no visible mounting screws. Do I have to take the rear package shelf trim off to remove this? (If so, any tips?)

And of course if anyone has one sitting around gathering dust...