Thread: "Powerblock" / battery cable stud posts by firewall part # ?

"Powerblock" / battery cable stud posts by firewall part # ?

Can anyone help me with part # or used obtainable one any of you RS6 hoarders may have? Audi dealer parts dept no help looking at parts schematics etc. They had scant info on RS6 and other 6 models of same vintage different. Which makes me think maybe not so available anymore even if had part #?? I looked briefly for knock-off options on line but no luck.

Mine got damaged / corroded from being half water submerged due to clogged cowel drain and one of the post studs is now spinning in the block so can't tighten nut over top of cable eyelet properly. Short of getting hands one replacement will have to resort to trying to re-anchor stud with adhesive of some kind or something in the plastic block it's now spinning in.... really prefer not to half ass jury rig that way if can avoid. My fault for leaving car out in elements, with leaves and junk slipping down into cowel area etc.. clogging drain hole, it doesn't take much.
    Could have been worse, circuit boards etc.... no more outside storage for my vintage icon.

Thanks in advance for any help

Quote Originally Posted by CBeau View Post
    Can anyone help me with part # or used obtainable one any of you RS6 hoarders may have? Audi dealer parts dept no help looking at parts schematics etc. They had scant info on RS6 and other 6 models of same vintage different. Which makes me think maybe not so available anymore even if had part #?? I looked briefly for knock-off options on line but no luck.

Mine got damaged / corroded from being half water submerged due to clogged cowel drain and one of the post studs is now spinning in the block so can't tighten nut over top of cable eyelet properly. Short of getting hands one replacement will have to resort to trying to re-anchor stud with adhesive of some kind or something in the plastic block it's now spinning in.... really prefer not to half ass jury rig that way if can avoid. My fault for leaving car out in elements, with leaves and junk slipping down into cowel area etc.. clogging drain hole, it doesn't take much.
    Could have been worse, circuit boards etc.... no more outside storage for my vintage icon.

Thanks in advance for any help
    Are you talking about the single post that's high above the washer fluid reservoir or the posts near the 150 and 200 Amp fuse holders?

I might have one of the fuse holder blocks in my boxes of parts but I also think that you can source them new from the tier 2 manufacturer (Littlefuse)
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Maybe post a pic of the old parts or location?
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA