Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 18 of 25

Thread: Introduction - New RS6 Avant owner.

  1. #1
    Registered User Blau_RS2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    9

    Introduction - New RS6 Avant owner.

    Hi Everyone, I thought it would be time to introduce myself. I've been a member for close to a year now ever since reserving an RS6 Avant from Japan. It finally arrived on Canadian soil this week. It is a 2004 model, Daytona Grey, 113K km's, Black leather Recaro seats, Bilstein PSS9 coil overs, Poplar trim and original 19" RS6 wheels.

    I'm based in Calgary but the car is going to spend some time in Vancouver getting some maintenance done before I drive it back to Calgary in the spring time. Can't wait to drive it through the Rockies.

    I've learned lots from reading the forum over the year an look forward to participating in discussions and of course asking for advice.

    The RS6 will join my RS2 in the garage.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3976.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	18710

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    West Linn, OR
    Posts
    213
    Looks awesome! Congrats on the purchase, and we are gonna need some pics of the RS2 please

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Boston, USA
    Posts
    2,253
    Congrats. Wish you lots of happy traveling miles on your new purchase. Welcome aboard.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Evil Empire
    Posts
    322
    Congrats!

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    pierce county, wa
    Posts
    99
    Congrats, welcome to RS6.com, and what a beautiful machine!

  6. #6
    Registered User Blau_RS2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    9
    Thanks guys, I'm really anxious to dive into this and see what shape its it. That's always the risk importing a car sight unseen. I've had a B5 S4 Avant and an allroad so I've done the timing belt jobs on those V6's which from what I can tell are pretty close to the V8 so I'm pretty confident I can handle the regular maintenance side of owning an RS6. It definitely seems like the type of car you need to be able to do a lot of work on yourself. Being a 2004 I'm hoping the transmission issues are less problematic than it seems to be in the early 2003's.

    Here are a few more photo's and a couple of the RS2.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AUDI RS6 AVANT (8).jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	18711Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AUDI RS6 AVANT (67).jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	18712Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AUDI RS6 AVANT (56).jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	18713Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AUDI RS6 AVANT (152).jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	18714Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DTB00367.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	143.8 KB 
ID:	18715Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DTB00441.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	18716

  7. #7
    Registered User kruat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    284
    That rs2 is gorgeous...and the rs6 isnt bad either...haha

    Quite a car collection, color me jealous...wish it was easier for us in the USA to import and register.
    -Mike-
    03 RS6 Mugello/Ivory #905565
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Out there
    Posts
    7,561
    Traveling back to AZ right now but a couple of notes.

    Congrats on the purchase. She looks fantastic!!

    AoA....you suck
    EPA... you suck

    I had to resort to making/finishing my RS6 Avant but it's coming along nicely. Cosmetics are all that's left

    There are three RS6 Avant imports nearing completion in AZ as I type this. Screw you AoA! We can import them and we can convert them.

    Back to your regularly scheduled programming

  9. #9
    Registered User Blau_RS2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Traveling back to AZ right now but a couple of notes.

    Congrats on the purchase. She looks fantastic!!

    AoA....you suck
    EPA... you suck

    I had to resort to making/finishing my RS6 Avant but it's coming along nicely. Cosmetics are all that's left

    There are three RS6 Avant imports nearing completion in AZ as I type this. Screw you AoA! We can import them and we can convert them.

    Back to your regularly scheduled programming
    I have trouble waiting 15 years, feel really bad for the Americans having to wait another 10. Us Canadians will keep our cars in good shape to make it easy for you to import from here once they turn 25 rather than sourcing them from across the pond.

    I admire your commitment to build one yourself though. A local guy up here just built a B7 RS4 Avant from an S4 Avant shell. It is amazing as I'm sure yours will be.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Out there
    Posts
    7,561
    At least the S6 Avant shell is the same. It's pretty straightforward to swap the entire running gear with subframe assembly front and rear.

    Then its sourcing all the RS specific bumpers, rockers and spoiler.

    In retrospect, It might have been easier to marry a Canadian super model and move to Canada. Lol

  11. #11
    Admin Erik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    12,012
    Very cool - very welcome!
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

  12. #12
    Admin Erik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    12,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Blau_RS2 View Post
    Thanks guys, I'm really anxious to dive into this and see what shape its it. That's always the risk importing a car sight unseen.
    Very true.

    To make you sleep better I remember reading an article in EVO saying that the Japs are very honest.

    So they declare everything. WYSIWYG.

    Let us know how it develops...
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

  13. #13
    Registered User Blau_RS2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Very true.

    To make you sleep better I remember reading an article in EVO saying that the Japs are very honest.

    So they declare everything. WYSIWYG.

    Let us know how it develops...
    Their government auctions are very well run. Cars are registered every 2 years and info such as mileage and collisions are reported during those registrations. All this info is provided to the auction houses and the penalties are very high for reporting false information. All this gives the buyers some piece of mind.

    Fingers crossed.

    Dave
    2004 RS6 Avant
    1994 RS4 Avant
    2008 S4 Avant

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    pierce county, wa
    Posts
    99
    ​I wish the US models got those front seats as well, they are so much better then the US specs ones. Your RS2 is amazing.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    54
    Dave, great buy. I know you will enjoy every mile in the RS6 when not putting hours in with the RS2.

    I have a 2003 RS6 Avant that I just don't drive enough. Now with winter descending on Michigan I will break out an S6 Avant with winter tires. It is still my favorite driving car but of course lacks the monster brakes and HP.

    Look forward to some more pictures when it gets into regular service.

    Rick
    2003 RS6 Avant, 2002 S6 Avant, 2007 S8, 96 993 Turbo, 34 Morgan SS, 46 MG TC.

  16. #16
    Registered User Fast Co's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by essexmetal View Post
    Dave, great buy. I know you will enjoy every mile in the RS6 when not putting hours in with the RS2.

    I have a 2003 RS6 Avant that I just don't drive enough. Now with winter descending on Michigan I will break out an S6 Avant with winter tires. It is still my favorite driving car but of course lacks the monster brakes and HP.

    Look forward to some more pictures when it gets into regular service.

    Rick
    This is a lovely car, an elegant beast with plenty of luggage space. Happy motoring!

    My RS6A was on display at the opening of the new Audi dealer here in town, parked next to an R8, RS5 Cab and a TTRS. The (outgoing) president of AoA was one of the speakers. He mentioned motorsport heritage, enthusiastic owners, etc. then he said, "I particularly like the black Avant over there".

    I'll be stashing it away for the winter as well, to be driving the S6 with Michelin X Ice tires.
    '02 RS6 Avant conversion
    '03 S6 Avant 6 speed
    '89 964 993 eng

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Out there
    Posts
    7,561
    I'm running just as fast as I can.

    Mechanicals are all finished. Just installed the Kwv3s

    wheels and tires then paint work. All done

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1867.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	18718

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA area
    Posts
    1,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Co View Post
    This is a lovely car, an elegant beast with plenty of luggage space. Happy motoring!

    My RS6A was on display at the opening of the new Audi dealer here in town, parked next to an R8, RS5 Cab and a TTRS. The (outgoing) president of AoA was one of the speakers. He mentioned motorsport heritage, enthusiastic owners, etc. then he said, "I particularly like the black Avant over there".

    I'll be stashing it away for the winter as well, to be driving the S6 with Michelin X Ice tires.
    Can't believe that I completed it 5 years ago.
    2016 GTI - 2004 Silver S4 Avant 6MT -> 2.7T project
    2001 Golf - 2001 Racing Green S8
    1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 Super Sport -> cafe racer project on deck

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •