Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 19 to 29 of 29

Thread: Introduction - New RS6 Avant owner.

  1. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    112
    Very nice Dave!! Look forward to seeing it some Sunday!

  2. #20
    Registered User Bigglezworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Cowtown, AB
    Posts
    2,231
    Finally got it landed hey. Coolio. I was the first to import an RS6 Saloon to Canada from the US the first day the RIV relaxed the rules and now we have another Calgary guy landing an Avant locally as soon as it became legal. I may or may not catch up with an Avant. I need to week some of the other cars here first by selling one of the RS's and then the S6 Avant also. Enjoy the wheels. Resist the urge to modify - if you can last that long....
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

  3. #21
    Registered User Blau_RS2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by fbatwork View Post
    Very nice Dave!! Look forward to seeing it some Sunday!
    Thanks Forrest, You definitely need to check it out. We need to get these RS6's together as I'm sure I'll have lots of questions about them.

    Dav
    2004 RS6 Avant
    1994 RS2 Avant
    2008 S4 Avant

  4. #22
    Registered User Blau_RS2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    Finally got it landed hey. Coolio. I was the first to import an RS6 Saloon to Canada from the US the first day the RIV relaxed the rules and now we have another Calgary guy landing an Avant locally as soon as it became legal. I may or may not catch up with an Avant. I need to week some of the other cars here first by selling one of the RS's and then the S6 Avant also. Enjoy the wheels. Resist the urge to modify - if you can last that long....
    Hi Tim,

    The wait seemed like forever and I still haven't seen it. My Cousin will be keeping it at his shop in Vancouver till the Spring. I'll fly down in January to take it for a spin after the initial maintenance gets completed. The urge to modify is big but I'll try to restrain. My biggest worry is the transmission of course. I've only ever driven manuals so I'm already looking for a donor A6 with all the bits.

    We will definitely have to meet up in the spring. I have a feeling I'll have a list of questions for you by then.

    Dave
    2004 RS6 Avant
    1994 RS2 Avant
    2008 S4 Avant

  5. #23
    Registered User Bigglezworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Cowtown, AB
    Posts
    2,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Blau_RS2 View Post
    The urge to modify is big but I'll try to restrain. My biggest worry is the transmission of course. I've only ever driven manuals so I'm already looking for a donor A6 with all the bits.

    Dave
    There is nothing wrong with the 5Tip. The failure items are a specific item that is common to all ZF transmissions of the era which has zero to do with power output of engine. I have rebuilt two 5Tips here in the past couple of years and the failure is from the exact same thing - pressure regulator which blows out the A-drum clutch. Once this is corrected with the updated design you're good for years upon years. People have been mislead for years on this item which has created a misguided lack of understanding and panic to these cars. Bottom-line Audi (and BMW/Jaguar/Merc) should have issued a service bulletin to all owners that indicates the lower valve body should be replaced/overhauled at 80-100K due to the natural wear inherent in the design and you wouldn't "blow the tranny"....
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

  6. #24
    Registered User Blau_RS2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    There is nothing wrong with the 5Tip. The failure items are a specific item that is common to all ZF transmissions of the era which has zero to do with power output of engine. I have rebuilt two 5Tips here in the past couple of years and the failure is from the exact same thing - pressure regulator which blows out the A-drum clutch..
    Well that seems a lot easier to do than swapping transmissions. You can access that from underneath, correct? I'll add this to my list of maintenance items. Thanks Tim.
    2004 RS6 Avant
    1994 RS2 Avant
    2008 S4 Avant

  7. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Out there
    Posts
    7,688
    Bada boom

    Such a simple little part.


    http://www.transgo.com/products.php?...dcountview=Yes

  8. #26
    Registered User Blau_RS2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    24
    Time for an update. I finally got down to Vancouver to see the RS6 Avant for the first time. We had a long winter and I didn't want to cross the Rocky Mountains with my Pilot Sports! I picked up the Avant on May 13 and drove it 1000 km's back to Calgary. What an amazing car!! It ran flawlessly and brought giggles to my face every time I stabbed the pedal.

    I was a bit hesitant on getting an automatic as I've only every owned one other and it didn't stay in my possession very long. I am now converted. That Tip just seems to work great with the engine. Shifts were smooth and it didn't feel like it was ever hunting around looking for the correct one. I did pick up an MTM tuned TCU just in case but haven't installed it yet.

    The fans seemed to be acting up but after scanning it when I got it home i see I'm getting an error code for the G62 sensor. I've got a new one ready to install which looks like it should fix the problem with them running longer than they should. The other issue I've got is an implausible signal with the EGT sensor. I don't notice it going into limp mode at all so I'll check the solder joints to start with and hopefully that fixes things up.

    The first mod was installing the blue weave carbon fiber that DHall1 sold me. What a difference that makes, thanks Dave! This was followed by a Milltek Cat back non resonated exhaust which wakes up that V8 perfectly. Now it's a matter of detailing it and enjoying it for the rest of the summer.

    Here are a few shots from the drive home.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DTB05058.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	132.6 KB 
ID:	18851 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DTB05055.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	117.6 KB 
ID:	18852Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DTB05044.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	127.1 KB 
ID:	18853
    2004 RS6 Avant
    1994 RS2 Avant
    2008 S4 Avant

  9. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    119
    Couldn't you have found a better photo backdrop!!?? Geez. Like a weathered industrial concrete wall with a bunch of trashy graffiti on it or something like that? I kid.... obviously, hopefully, or wrong audience. And especially for the subject matter car. And no aero killing roof rack needed, plenty snowboards and gear fit inside nice and dry and warm.

  10. #28
    Registered User Blau_RS2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by CBeau View Post
    Couldn't you have found a better photo backdrop!!?? Geez. Like a weathered industrial concrete wall with a bunch of trashy graffiti on it or something like that? I kid.... obviously, hopefully, or wrong audience. And especially for the subject matter car. And no aero killing roof rack needed, plenty snowboards and gear fit inside nice and dry and warm.
    Ya those mountains are hard to keep out of the frame
    2004 RS6 Avant
    1994 RS2 Avant
    2008 S4 Avant

  11. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    pierce county, wa
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by Blau_RS2 View Post
    Time for an update. I finally got down to Vancouver to see the RS6 Avant for the first time. We had a long winter and I didn't want to cross the Rocky Mountains with my Pilot Sports! I picked up the Avant on May 13 and drove it 1000 km's back to Calgary. What an amazing car!! It ran flawlessly and brought giggles to my face every time I stabbed the pedal.

    I was a bit hesitant on getting an automatic as I've only every owned one other and it didn't stay in my possession very long. I am now converted. That Tip just seems to work great with the engine. Shifts were smooth and it didn't feel like it was ever hunting around looking for the correct one. I did pick up an MTM tuned TCU just in case but haven't installed it yet.

    The fans seemed to be acting up but after scanning it when I got it home i see I'm getting an error code for the G62 sensor. I've got a new one ready to install which looks like it should fix the problem with them running longer than they should. The other issue I've got is an implausible signal with the EGT sensor. I don't notice it going into limp mode at all so I'll check the solder joints to start with and hopefully that fixes things up.

    The first mod was installing the blue weave carbon fiber that DHall1 sold me. What a difference that makes, thanks Dave! This was followed by a Milltek Cat back non resonated exhaust which wakes up that V8 perfectly. Now it's a matter of detailing it and enjoying it for the rest of the summer.

    Here are a few shots from the drive home.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DTB05058.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	132.6 KB 
ID:	18851 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DTB05055.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	117.6 KB 
ID:	18852Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DTB05044.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	127.1 KB 
ID:	18853
    That Avant of yours is gorgeous, i would of loved for mine to be an Avant but that was not an option when i purchased mine. I see you on instagram as well, keep the pictures coming!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •