Thread: Introduction - New RS6 Avant owner.

Hybrid View

Time for an update. I finally got down to Vancouver to see the RS6 Avant for the first time. We had a long winter and I didn't want to cross the Rocky Mountains with my Pilot Sports! I picked up the Avant on May 13 and drove it 1000 km's back to Calgary. What an amazing car!! It ran flawlessly and brought giggles to my face every time I stabbed the pedal.

I was a bit hesitant on getting an automatic as I've only every owned one other and it didn't stay in my possession very long. I am now converted. That Tip just seems to work great with the engine. Shifts were smooth and it didn't feel like it was ever hunting around looking for the correct one. I did pick up an MTM tuned TCU just in case but haven't installed it yet.

The fans seemed to be acting up but after scanning it when I got it home i see I'm getting an error code for the G62 sensor. I've got a new one ready to install which looks like it should fix the problem with them running longer than they should. The other issue I've got is an implausible signal with the EGT sensor. I don't notice it going into limp mode at all so I'll check the solder joints to start with and hopefully that fixes things up.

The first mod was installing the blue weave carbon fiber that DHall1 sold me. What a difference that makes, thanks Dave! This was followed by a Milltek Cat back non resonated exhaust which wakes up that V8 perfectly. Now it's a matter of detailing it and enjoying it for the rest of the summer.

Here are a few shots from the drive home.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DTB05058.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	132.6 KB 
ID:	18851 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DTB05055.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	117.6 KB 
ID:	18852Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DTB05044.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	127.1 KB 
ID:	18853
    2004 RS6 Avant
    1994 RS2 Avant
    2008 S4 Avant

Quote Originally Posted by Blau_RS2 View Post
    Time for an update. I finally got down to Vancouver to see the RS6 Avant for the first time. We had a long winter and I didn't want to cross the Rocky Mountains with my Pilot Sports! I picked up the Avant on May 13 and drove it 1000 km's back to Calgary. What an amazing car!! It ran flawlessly and brought giggles to my face every time I stabbed the pedal.

I was a bit hesitant on getting an automatic as I've only every owned one other and it didn't stay in my possession very long. I am now converted. That Tip just seems to work great with the engine. Shifts were smooth and it didn't feel like it was ever hunting around looking for the correct one. I did pick up an MTM tuned TCU just in case but haven't installed it yet.

The fans seemed to be acting up but after scanning it when I got it home i see I'm getting an error code for the G62 sensor. I've got a new one ready to install which looks like it should fix the problem with them running longer than they should. The other issue I've got is an implausible signal with the EGT sensor. I don't notice it going into limp mode at all so I'll check the solder joints to start with and hopefully that fixes things up.

The first mod was installing the blue weave carbon fiber that DHall1 sold me. What a difference that makes, thanks Dave! This was followed by a Milltek Cat back non resonated exhaust which wakes up that V8 perfectly. Now it's a matter of detailing it and enjoying it for the rest of the summer.

Here are a few shots from the drive home.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DTB05058.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	132.6 KB 
ID:	18851 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DTB05055.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	117.6 KB 
ID:	18852Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DTB05044.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	127.1 KB 
ID:	18853
    That Avant of yours is gorgeous, i would of loved for mine to be an Avant but that was not an option when i purchased mine. I see you on instagram as well, keep the pictures coming!