Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone running 034 Motorsports performance ECU software?...

Anyone running 034 Motorsports performance ECU software?...

Hi everyone,

I am looking to see if any of you are running the 034 Motorsports performance ECU Software linked below, as well as their "Tip Chip" software? pros, cons etc... ? The numbers look good especially on the torque gain. Anything i ever had from them was really good for any of my cars outside of one dogbone mount on my MKIV R32 that snapped while driving, reason unknown...

Also, if i do go ahead and proceed with this, any recommendation to add to the car due to the torque and power increase? I was thinking on replacing the motor mounts.

https://store.034motorsport.com/c5-a...8-biturbo.html

https://store.034motorsport.com/c5-a...e-upgrade.html

Thank you!

transcript;

034Motorsport is proud to offer our C5 Audi RS6 Stage Tuning Software for the 4.2L Biturbo V8 Engine found in the 2003-2004 Audi RS6 Quattro!

Through optimization of the factory ECU's boost, fueling, and timing maps, the 034Motorsport 4.2T Stage 1 Tune is able to safely provide increased horsepower and torque, as well as a much broader powerband. 034Motorsport's engineers have also addressed other shortcomings of the factory calibrations by increasing the rev limit to 6,800 RPM, and refining part-throttle mapping for improved drivability.
    With the 034Motorsport C5 Audi RS6 Stage 1 Tune, you can expect faster acceleration, increased peak horsepower, huge increases in low-end and midrange torque, improved throttle response, and a much broader powerband!
    This tune was developed in-house by 034Motorsport's expert calibrator, and was thoroughly tested on the street, track, and dyno before release.
    Stage 1 Peak Horsepower & Torque:
    Stock: 450 Horsepower / 415 Foot-Pounds of Torque
    Stage 1: 515 Horsepower / 580 Foot-Pounds of Torque
    Stage 1 Peak Horsepower & Torque Gains Under Curve:
    133 Horsepower Increase at 4,250 RPM
    165 Foot-Pounds of Torque Increase at 4,250 RPM
    Features:
    Developed In-House on the Street, Track, and 034Motorsport's Chassis Dyno
    Optimized Boost, Timing & Fueling Maps for Increased Horsepower & Torque with 91 Octane Fuel
    Peak Boost Increased to 17.5 PSI
    93 Octane & 100 Octane Tunes Available Upon Request
    Increased Rev Limiter to 6,800 RPM (034Motorsport C5 Audi RS6 Tiptronic TCU "Tip Chip" Upgrade Recommended)
    Speed Limiter (Governor) Removed
    Improved Throttle Response & Power Delivery
    Refined Throttle Mapping for Part Throttle Drivability
    Increased Fuel Economy
    Compatible Vehicles:
    2003-2004 Audi RS6 4.2T (C5)
    Note: Stage 2 offers the same HP and TQ gains as Stage 1 while allowing for aftermarket downpipes or cats.

Installation:
    Option 1: Flashed directly through your vehicle's existing OBD-II Diagnostic Port by 034Motorsport.
    Option 2: Flashed directly through your vehicle's existing OBD-II Diagnostic Port by you, using the PL34 Handheld Flash-Loader. You will receive a free second map with purchase of a PL34 Handheld Flash-Loader! (Sold Separately)

Wheel Horsepower Dyno Plot | 91 Octane | Stage 1 Tune for C5 Audi RS6 4.2T:

Use "site:rs6.com 034 ecu tcu tune" in Google.

There are a few threads on them, mostly good. One guy blamed his trans failure on the tcu tune, but he also broke a lot of stuff on his car and blamed it on others
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I'm going to try this tune in a few weeks. Going in the Avant

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Use "site:rs6.com 034 ecu tcu tune" in Google.

There are a few threads on them, mostly good. One guy blamed his trans failure on the tcu tune, but he also broke a lot of stuff on his car and blamed it on others
    OK thank you. It s good to hear its mostly good i guess, i am looking to do major power upgrades in 2 to 3 years that will require motor and transmission overall and a conversion to 6 speed but i want to try something meanwhile as well. Just want to make sure its not anything seriously bad. Things tend to brake on a 15 year old car if maintenance is not correctly done or up kept and you add a lot more torque and power lol

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Awesome! Please let me know, i would love to hear your input on that once you do so since you might be getting it done before me!

I have both tune the ecu and the tcu tune and they work great for me with no issues for 3 years now I feel it increased power, smoothed out power delivery, and made the shifting match the tune.
    03 RS6 Avus Silver, Ebony Interior, 133K Mi, Yellow Koni's, Hotchkis Sway Bars, 0A3 6MT, Blake Beadle Custom Tune, Vin 905641

Quote Originally Posted by 415RS6 View Post
    I have both tune the ecu and the tcu tune and they work great for me with no issues for 3 years now I feel it increased power, smoothed out power delivery, and made the shifting match the tune.
    Ok well that is great to hear, especially with a 3 year longevity run! It makes it sound reliable as well as a good power upgrade. Thank you for chiming in on this! I will be doing that past the holidays, looking forward to it!

I have had the 034 ECU and TCU tune in #2 since I picked it up, solid and frankly better than the APR tune I had in #1. Glad to see that 415RS6 has had it for 3 years with original tranmission. Don't need to tell you what the extra power and torque might do. 034 is just across the Bay from me, they initially did the tune custom for one of their clients who had another well known tune in his car and was dissatisfied with it. The dyno report you posted is from his car; I have not dyno'ed mine. I did have them tweak the TCU tune recently, and I suspect it is in all of their outgoing product now, as at WOT I would occasionally find it stuck for a split second before upshifting. No longer does that. The guys at the shop are very responsive. Since they are close to me I had them flash it in the shop there. The price point is also good. You won't be dissapointed.
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.

Question about the TCU Tune;

If you are in manual mode and floor the Accelerator does the trans kick down?
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

Mark??!?!?

Are you coming back?

Mark??!?!?

Are you coming back?
    I'm looking These new Audi's are nice, but I miss the analog RS6 feel!

Hehe!

Right on dammit

I have 4 including a RS6 Avant conversion and 1 of 4 MTM 575hp full conversions. You only live once on this green earth and they are quickly taking that away. So get your twin turbo V8s while you still can.

Quote Originally Posted by papadoc View Post
    I have had the 034 ECU and TCU tune in #2 since I picked it up, solid and frankly better than the APR tune I had in #1. Glad to see that 415RS6 has had it for 3 years with original tranmission. Don't need to tell you what the extra power and torque might do. 034 is just across the Bay from me, they initially did the tune custom for one of their clients who had another well known tune in his car and was dissatisfied with it. The dyno report you posted is from his car; I have not dyno'ed mine. I did have them tweak the TCU tune recently, and I suspect it is in all of their outgoing product now, as at WOT I would occasionally find it stuck for a split second before upshifting. No longer does that. The guys at the shop are very responsive. Since they are close to me I had them flash it in the shop there. The price point is also good. You won't be dissapointed.
    Thanks for the reply. I actually contacted 034 Motorsports last week and they said that someone will be in contact with me shortly to discuss and answer the few questions i had, which i thought was pretty nice. I understand what the extra power and torque might do, that is why i am asking questions first. I am almost more worried about the transmission then anything else really. I am wondering if i should have the transmission gone through before that or just have it serviced and then have the tune installed. I'm in Washington state so i believe my only option is to also purchase the PL34 handheld flash loader and do it myself, which runs $450 but i guess it would cost more for a drive to LA! (not as fun so) I never did a flash of program myself but i'm sure it's not too complicated. Thanks for chiming in, i'm looking forward to it!

Have you done it yet? love to see (the Avant) and hear about it

KWv3s and wheels installed.

Getting miles on it and starting on paint work. Found a hidden hitch for my Thule bike rack and it's on the way.

This will be my daily

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1900.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	18758

KWv3s and wheels installed.

Getting miles on it and starting on paint work. Found a hidden hitch for my Thule bike rack and it's on the way.

This will be my daily

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1900.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	18758
    Nice,love it! I want an Avant again since i got rid of my B6 S4 Avant! I have to get rid of a car in the stable before doing so, but i was looking at a C5 Allroad with some tune up done on the 2.7T, We shall see...

I tried this weekend and did not notice a kick down in manual mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by marklar182 View Post
    Question about the TCU Tune;

If you are in manual mode and floor the Accelerator does the trans kick down?
    03 RS6 Avus Silver, Ebony Interior, 133K Mi, Yellow Koni's, Hotchkis Sway Bars, 0A3 6MT, Blake Beadle Custom Tune, Vin 905641

Thumbs up

I tried this weekend and did not notice a kick down in manual mode.
    Thank You!!!!