Thread: Right hand Motor mount fault code P1577

Right hand Motor mount fault code P1577

1 Fault Found:
    17985 - Right Engine Mount Solenoid Valve (N145)
    P1577 - 004 - Open Circuit - Intermittent
    Readiness: 0000 1000

did timing belt, ect. everything is great. cleared codes with Ross vag tool. this new code came up. so did I put a load on it when swinging front mount out of the way doing the timing belt ? causing it to fail ? torque front one too much?
    is there some way to fix this or is it replacement time ?
    If needs replacing. get this Genuine Audi Motor Mount 4B3-199-379-M ?
    or get the 034Motorsport's Density Line Motor Mounts and Resistor Bypasses.
    or what's the best option. what has the forum suggested for this in the past. thanks !
    I really want to tear it apart again

Honestly don't know how much a slightly compressed or torn motor mount really makes a difference. Maybe a bit of extra vibration? I'd bypass it for now, and replace with your choice once you need to pull or move the engine again, shouldn't be too long

Replaced two many years ago with OEM. It might just be the wiring or sensor causing the error to throw also as it's Intermittent.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

it shows as an engine fault. is this going to make it fail emissions ? this is my only worry. it didn't pass before. like every time. I was hoping to have no codes. get it to pass. if this is all it is i'll rip it apart again.

So does anyone know why the stock mounts use a solenoid anyhow? Do they actually lock up under load, and then unlock and remain softer when driving normal to allow less vibration?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    So does anyone know why the stock mounts use a solenoid anyhow? Do they actually lock up under load, and then unlock and remain softer when driving normal to allow less vibration?
    I read it's so you realize the mount is compromised/damaged. They are hollow like most mounts, but filled with hydraulic fluid. This reduces vibrations. My opinion is that solid rubber ones would be better. Last a lifetime. Just don't know how it has worked for these RS6 cars

If you think the mount is good you can add a resistor to the the circuit to cancel the fault. Audi makes a resistor shrink wrapped with the proper plug. The part # is 4E0971067A
    https://www.audiusaparts.com/oem-par...ess-4e0971067a $25
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Or even less from 034, 16 per and yes notwithstanding the lack of reference to the rs6 in the parts description, they fit and work, per discussion with them an hour ago