Thread: Looking to sell my RS6. What's it worth?

Looking to sell my RS6. What's it worth?

Hi all,

I'm looking to sell my Daytona Grey 2003 RS6.
    It has 169,000 km (105,000 miles) on it.
    I've owned it since July 2012, putting 107,000 km on it.
    It's a US car that I imported into Canada.

The GOOD:
    It's factory stock except that I've replaced the suspension with KW coilovers and replaced the discs with JHM slotted lightweight rotors.
    MTM Torque converter mod done as soon as I got the car
    It's had all services done and I have full records since owning the car
    Everything works
    Brand new windshield
    Immaculate interior
    No holes, tears, or burns
    It's never been smoked in
    Factory RS6 floor mats (summers and winters)
    It's got all the owners manuals and sales brochures and even the info sheet that was originally stuck in the car's window
    Tastefully done medium tint windows
    Enjoyed moderately but never abused
    My mechanic works on a few of these around and he says without a doubt, this one is in the nicest condition

The BAD:
    One minor rock dent on the front driver's wheel arch
    The torque converter is starting to slip. Needs to be replaced/rebuilt

Wifey said, "Do you really want to put more money into that car when it's that old?" Translation, "You can buy yourself a new car..." So I did.

I hadn't intended to replace the RS6 anytime soon but I couldn't stomach spending the money on the labour to replace the TC.
    I'm sure someone with the tools and the time could easily do this and have themselves a wonderful, fully sorted out car.

Available with stock wheels and fairly new Michelin Pilot Alpins and for more $, the 19" Forgestars with new this summer Michelin Pilot PSS

Any thoughts on what it's worth?

More pics available for those who are interested.

Thanks,

Jeff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3478.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	18649   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3495.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	115.2 KB 
ID:	18655  

Time to sell. I've posted it on e-bay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-Audi-R...3:pf:0&vxp=mtr

GLWS man. Thats a nice car example. Hope you can pull 12k for it.

There is one in MN priced at 9,999 with a working TC (more miles). They sell though all over the board so who knows!

What did you buy to replace it!?

Looks like it is in good shape minus the torque converter issue. Who did you use for a mechanic? I'm in Calgary too and just bought a 2004 RS6 avant. I'm sure I'll be needing to develop a relationship with a mechanic for things beyond my ability.

GLWS.

Dave
    2004 RS6 Avant
    1994 RS2 Avant
    2008 S4 Avant

Thanks. Yeah, they are priced all over the map. I collected prices, mileage, and specs from many different places with RS6's for sale and ended up with over 30 different vehicles. I entered them into a simple spreadsheet and charted them. Despite the scatter, there's a general trend to the pricing and I felt I'd priced mine along the trend, less the cost for the TC replacement. I could be wrong, but it made logical sense to me.

I replaced it with an S5. It doesn't have nearly the grunt of the RS6 but it does ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Blau_RS2 View Post
    Looks like it is in good shape minus the torque converter issue. Who did you use for a mechanic? I'm in Calgary too and just bought a 2004 RS6 avant. I'm sure I'll be needing to develop a relationship with a mechanic for things beyond my ability.

GLWS.

Dave
    Hey Dave,

You've got a 2004 RS6 Avant? Very nice! There was one in Edmonton and one in Vancouver that were recently up for sale. Is it either of those? It looks like you're a real fan of the Avant.

I had a 2003 S6 Avant for almost 200,000 km prior to my RS6. I loved the car. I really wanted the RS6 Avant but at the time we couldn't get them here in N.A.
    The Avant is so practical, so unique, and so European. It's much more practical than SUV's like most people drive in N.A. Certainly, if one is wanting to go offroading, the SUV has the Avant beat, but honestly, how many people even take their SUV off of pavement?

I've gone through a few mechanics to find a good one. I'm really pleased with Sergei at Avenida Auto Centre. His number is 403-271-1111. He is very good and very fair. He's actually an engineer from Kazakhstan (I believe) so he thinks things through logically to solve the problem. He's not like most mechanics who just replace parts until the symptoms are gone. And you won't find a harder working guy. He's there at all hours of the day and night.

I know which one's you are referring to but I brought mine in directly from Japan. I totally agree on the whole SUV vs wagon debate. I tried a Cayenne for a year and could not warm up to the driving experience.

I'll check out Avenida when the time comes. Thanks for the recommendation.

Dave
    2004 RS6 Avant
    1994 RS2 Avant
    2008 S4 Avant

Sad to say that today my RS6 sold. I was sad to see it go. Even at its age, it's a better car than the 2015 S5 that replaced it.

The good news is it was purchased by a local mechanic who is a real Audi fan. I'm confident that it will be taken care of and appreciated for what it is.

Thanks for the memories.