...as there is plenty of consistent data online to support my opinion. After 9 months of ownership, I LOVE THIS CAR. I wanted one when they first came out, which I think is about the time I bailed on my RS6, but $120k is stupid for a car, so I found a few substitutes until the prices were here on this planet. At the risk of a long boring read, I paid $42k with about 70k on it, I bought DP's on Ebay from the Russians, got a custom tune from a local guy and on pump it made 595/695 at the wheels. It runs awesome...and before everyone starts ragging on me about pics, it's an Audi, they all look the same...just google 2013 Audi S8...mine is phantom black with a black gut, carbon and the B&O.

Relatively the same exclusivity as the RS6 (obviously they made more of these), but expensive to maintain unless you are handy, and parts CAN be expensive, but we all know where to buy parts now. After a month of ownership, I had a lean code, that turned out to be the PCV box, Very common, but also very easy to fix. Spent about $500 on parts and took me about 3-4 hours to fix it (Audi calls for 10hrs).
The point of this, as I've seen some comments from time to time, if you are interested in one, just go buy one, you won't regret it.