Thread: More Pesky Problems. Please help.

Mech More Pesky Problems. Please help.

I love her so much. But man, keeping her running proper seems like a never ending battle that needs to be fought by someone with deeper pockets than me. Needs new this, new that, fix this leak, fix that. What now? Well, I need help from anyone who can tell me why these two new nuisances are going on...

1. HVAC blower stays on full blast no matter the setting of the fan on the control unit. If off, the blower blasts hot air. If on, even at the lowest fan setting it blows air on full according to the temp you have the unit set at. Before this condition arose, I noticed a hissing blowing noise in the cabin (which it never had in the past) when getting on the throttle, like the waste gates were emptying the extra air into the cabin.

2. All of a sudden, both rear windows don't want to roll up. I click the control, they get half way up, stop and go down. If I click the control over and over (rolling them up an inch at a time) they will roll up. But what happened? Why is my car torturing me?

3. All fog lights don't work, fuses are all good. Bad bulbs? Really? All four simultaneously?

This car is like a wife, love it and hate it. Please help me save my marriage with this bad, badass car.
    If you never exceed the limits, how do you know where they are?

Looked online. There is a relay. But that's just a switch, if it was bad, the fan wouldn't run at all. There is also a HVAC Blower Motor Resistor which controls the speed of the fan and they do go bad. Not an expensive part. Who can tell me where on the vehicle it's located? I'm guessing somewhere behind the glove box.

Quote Originally Posted by BLITZEN View Post
    Looked online. There is a relay. But that's just a switch, if it was bad, the fan wouldn't run at all. There is also a HVAC Blower Motor Resistor which controls the speed of the fan and they do go bad. Not an expensive part. Who can tell me where on the vehicle it's located? I'm guessing somewhere behind the glove box.
    Yes behind glove box. Not too hard to get to and replace. Mine went bad and was same symptoms. Its a funny looking thing with a bunch of metal I'm assuming sensor prongs on it, unit is about palm size with a plug on it and housing with attachment screw holes I blv.

I first got new Chinese knockoff replacement on eBay and that one worked for just a short while, like couple weeks then died, then I got used OEM part from used parts place and its worked fine since, been few years.

For the window thing, it sounds like the anti-pinch function is tripping. Here is a thread that talks about similar issues:

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...h-quot-problem

Quote Originally Posted by BLITZEN View Post
    2. All of a sudden, both rear windows don't want to roll up. I click the control, they get half way up, stop and go down. If I click the control over and over (rolling them up an inch at a time) they will roll up. But what happened? Why is my car torturing me?
    The window issue sounds like worn window guides. See if you can rock the window forward and backwards. Mine has bad guides in the back, and the window goes up fine if I just push the window glass forward when I hit the switch. But, without assistance, the window binds in the track and does what you are describing.

Hope this helps!

Thanks JettaGL16v. I think that's the problem.

My rear windows experienced a similar issue this spring, after not being used all winter. I sprayed WD40 down the tracks and they roll up and down perfectly now.