Thread: DRC Threads?

Question DRC Threads?

Hi All,

I searched DRC and nothing came up. I recall there was a thread a few years ago that had someone from Audi regarding the DRC recall.

I am trying to resolve my DRC with Audi and need the recall information.

Regards,
    WS

Hey man!

I'm fairly new here, but everyone here says the search for this site just blows, so use google (or, even better, duck duck go!). If you type in "site:rs6.com XXX", and replace the XXX with whatever you're looking for, you have results for days....

And, it's funny you posted this yesterday, within the last 72 hours my original DRC crapped the bed as well. It started with small puddles of some weird fluid that felt like hydraulic fluid, and now feels like 2 shocks are blown, so it has to be DRC failure. I've only had her 2 months!!

I just went for coilovers and swaybars, because I bought this car expecting the DRC to fail (90k mile car, never been repaired). Tire Rack has the KW V3 coilovers for $2150, and the Hotchkis sway bars for $510, and they have both in stock, and will ship next day with free shipping. Those were the cheapest prices I could find on either item, and most vendors had to ship the coils from the Fatherland. Ive read plenty of threads here that indicate that is the proven package to make a beast handle excellently.

You can also replace the shocks with Koni's or Bilsteins, and just lose the DRC. I liked it while it was working, but after reading countless threads from people that went with the KV3's, it made sense to me. RS6's needs to be dropped 1" in the front and 1.5" in the back to be proper (in my opinion, and based on photos from here).

Good luck getting it covered, but at 15 years, I wouldn't expect them to do jack squat.

Thanks for the information. If I were to replace with Koni's would I have to install sway bars? Does the DRC obviate the need for them?

Thanks again for the detailed post!

Quote Originally Posted by JettaGLi16v View Post
    Hey man!

I'm fairly new here, but everyone here says the search for this site just blows, so use google (or, even better, duck duck go!). If you type in "site:rs6.com XXX", and replace the XXX with whatever you're looking for, you have results for days....

And, it's funny you posted this yesterday, within the last 72 hours my original DRC crapped the bed as well. It started with small puddles of some weird fluid that felt like hydraulic fluid, and now feels like 2 shocks are blown, so it has to be DRC failure. I've only had her 2 months!!

I just went for coilovers and swaybars, because I bought this car expecting the DRC to fail (90k mile car, never been repaired). Tire Rack has the KW V3 coilovers for $2150, and the Hotchkis sway bars for $510, and they have both in stock, and will ship next day with free shipping. Those were the cheapest prices I could find on either item, and most vendors had to ship the coils from the Fatherland. Ive read plenty of threads here that indicate that is the proven package to make a beast handle excellently.

You can also replace the shocks with Koni's or Bilsteins, and just lose the DRC. I liked it while it was working, but after reading countless threads from people that went with the KV3's, it made sense to me. RS6's needs to be dropped 1" in the front and 1.5" in the back to be proper (in my opinion, and based on photos from here).

Good luck getting it covered, but at 15 years, I wouldn't expect them to do jack squat.

Original sway bars are just fine with konis as well.
    You can always go Hotchkis if you wish ofc.