Thread: little issue with heat...

little issue with heat...

Hello all,

So my car decided to throw me a curve a couple month ago with the heater. Luckily the weather was warming up and i decided to let it be for a little bit as i was dealing with many other things for the past few month.

The problem is pretty simple really, i just don't know the solution and i'm looking for advise. When the heater is on, the passenger side will get nice and warm and can be adjusted to whatever temperature the passenger wish for but the driver side will be cold, no matter what the temp is set at or the speed of the fan! The heat just does not come through on the driver side period! i can tell the heater works obviously due to the passenger side, it is just not coming through on the driver side.

Any suggestions, solutions or help would be greatly appreciated!

Anyone with any thoughts on that? Call is coming and I would like to fix it soon. Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help!

Quote Originally Posted by rah View Post
    Anyone with any thoughts on that? Call is coming and I would like to fix it soon. Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help!
    My guess is there is a flap not working. I think there is a single heater core or matrix. So bad actuator, stuck flap, broken actuator rod, OR a bad HVAC head. Any codes?

Quote Originally Posted by UrS6 View Post
    My guess is there is a flap not working. I think there is a single heater core or matrix. So bad actuator, stuck flap, broken actuator rod, OR a bad HVAC head. Any codes?
    Thanks for your reply. no i do not have any codes whatsoever at this time.When you are talking about actuator or flaps or even actuator rod,it must be on the heater core or the channels for vents to work the dual zone control? either way i wil look into that solution or possibilities. thanks for your time.