Thread: Steering issue..... lots of noise, foamy green pentosin leaking out under the car

Steering issue..... lots of noise, foamy green pentosin leaking out under the car

It's a pretty good leak, will drain the reservoir quickly. You can see it dripping down under the car (took the belly pan off to see what was happening).

I had an A6 4.2, and the steering is so much better in the RS6 than in that other C5. I don't want to go about getting things put back together and have my RS6 feel like the A6 4.2

From what I've found for part numbers:
    4D0145155K
    4D0145155KXT - is remanufactured

Do these pumps have a tendency to crap the bed? I'm hoping is a line that sprung a leak and not the pump itself. Any thoughts or suggestions?

I can't say for sure what your issue is, but I had a minor leak in the low-pressure hose running from the rack to the cooler, it had just worn out over time. Another pair of potential leak locations are the crush-washer connections between the hose ends and the pump. The pump itself is very simple, and I would say it's unlikely that it would leak even if it was going bad. The sound is probably caused by air that is getting into the system through wherever the fluid is coming out.
    RS6 #1, 01E, 2.5" straight pipes, AMD Stage 1 6MT tune, 460awhp/530awtq on AMD's Mustang dyno. TOTALLED.. RS6 #2, Ebony Black Pearl on black/silver combination with carbon, up and running with 6 gears and AMD tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Kgnast View Post
    It's a pretty good leak, will drain the reservoir quickly. You can see it dripping down under the car (took the belly pan off to see what was happening).

I had an A6 4.2, and the steering is so much better in the RS6 than in that other C5. I don't want to go about getting things put back together and have my RS6 feel like the A6 4.2

From what I've found for part numbers:
    4D0145155K
    4D0145155KXT - is remanufactured

Do these pumps have a tendency to crap the bed? I'm hoping is a line that sprung a leak and not the pump itself. Any thoughts or suggestions?
    The RS6 has a totally different steering rack that eliminates servotronic which is why it feels like there's less assist. Among other things.

Anyway, the lines that go the the cooling loop on the lower front drivers side are notorious for leaking. they are easy to see with the belly pan off.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide