Thread: What timing belt and kit is preferred

What timing belt and kit is preferred

I'm about to order a kit. Doing everything I can while support is in service position. What is the best option?
    1.I called blauparts. They have this in their + kit;
    1 INA Gates Timing Belt
    1 NTN Timing Belt Tensioner and Lever w/ Genuine Hardware
    1 NTN Timing Belt Hydraulic Tensioning Damper
    Is INA company a good reliable product?
    2. ContiTech Timing Belt Kit
    Or one of these
    3.Gates T297, T297A or the (race) super strong T297RB (blue)
    Don't want to have issues of course. Also need cam bar, guy I know has one . It didn't fit. So he rented. Need reliable source. Thanks in advance

INA is one of the OEMs.

Aren't the Gates racing belts the ones that squeal at start up?
    -Mike-
    03 RS6 Mugello/Ivory #905565
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

I with with the Blauparts kits.

Quote Originally Posted by C300 View Post
    I'm about to order a kit. Doing everything I can while support is in service position. What is the best option?
    1.I called blauparts. They have this in their + kit;
    1 INA Gates Timing Belt
    1 NTN Timing Belt Tensioner and Lever w/ Genuine Hardware
    1 NTN Timing Belt Hydraulic Tensioning Damper
    Is INA company a good reliable product?
    2. ContiTech Timing Belt Kit
    Or one of these
    3.Gates T297, T297A or the (race) super strong T297RB (blue)
    Don't want to have issues of course. Also need cam bar, guy I know has one . It didn't fit. So he rented. Need reliable source. Thanks in advance
    Where is @canyon when you need him??? Oh yeah, he's at Barrier Audi in Bellevue.... hint hint hint...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Just used the Blau + kit, all worked great. They have the bar and extra tools for rent, it's on the same page as the kit. I'd make sure you have a qualified person do it, if your friend already didn't know his cam lock bar wouldn't fit I wouldn't trust him much. It's a decent bit of work. More parts and info are on my site. Added the Victor WP seal too.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Thanks. Ordering the blau+kit. Doing it myself. Plenty qualified. Iswing, he ordered it on Ebay. Didn't fit as advertised. I'm not paying $20 a day rent after 7. Just buying. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by C300 View Post
    Thanks. Ordering the blau+kit. Doing it myself. Plenty qualified. Iswing, he ordered it on Ebay. Didn't fit as advertised. I'm not paying $20 a day rent after 7. Just buying. Thanks
    Good deal, sounds like you're good to go. Here's my list of extra parts to keep an eye on. I rebuilt my alternator also when in there, easy.

http://audirssix.com/index.php/overview/maintenance

Blau was actually really nice about the kit. I never ended up using it, my mechanic had everything, so I sent it back a week late even and they didn't charge for the extra days. It's very well put together and loaded with tools/instructions.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com