Thread: My build Thread

My build Thread

Been on here an super appreciative of all the support and information. I have made the commitment after finding a quality builder and am making the plunge. Please review the parts listed, I am only listing the major items, we have this broke down to the crush washers and oil tube o rings. If you see something that does not seem right please let me know, see something that might have a better solution for please let me know.

2 x Borg Warner EFR 7163 V-Band Turbos
    HP24 Transmission Build from Hers performance in Idaho -
    FCP Rods and Pistons
    Supertech Valvespring Kit
    1000cc injectors
    Walbro 465LPH Fuel Pump
    Bell Intercooler cores
    Full tear down machine heads and block, fabrication of manifolds ect.

03 RS6 Misano Red / Ebony - #905040 - In for the shit show

Oh man, looking forward to seeing the progress!!

Can't install uncoated forged pistons in stock alusil block. Bear that in mind. Either have to install cast iron sleeves or nikasil coat the block.

5hp auto trans won't hold that level of power for any noticeable amount of time, no matter what you do to it. You're very welcome to prove me wrong, though.

Plan on doing single fuel pump instead of factory twin configuration? Might want to do something with FPR & return line if you're ditching the fuel controller.

What are your goals for your car? Why not 6spd it?
    -Mike-
    03 RS6 Mugello/Ivory #905565
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

Nubcake. I was told by Jared at Hers he has no issue with his autos holding that power. You in my opinion understand 10 fold better. I was trying to stay auto in order to maintain a driveable clutch vs a race clutch.

will talk to him about the forged pistons.
    03 RS6 Misano Red / Ebony - #905040 - In for the shit show

But is it even possible to get room for this big turbos if you keep the automatic transmission ?

And if you will use E85 then you should buy bigger injectors.
    RS6/S8 engine, 6spd tdi 01E, EFR7163 turbos, custom built exhaust manifolds, S8 camshafts, MaxxEcu Pro, wagners ic's, bigger fuel rails, AN8 fuel line, 2xwalbro 450lph fuel pump
    and EV14 1500cc fuel injectors in my S8/RS8

5hp auto trans won't hold that level of power for any noticeable amount of time, no matter what you do to it. You're very welcome to prove me wrong, though.

^^^ This!!

If you figure out how I will buy one pronto

Quote Originally Posted by nubcake View Post
    Can't install uncoated forged pistons in stock alusil block. Bear that in mind. Either have to install cast iron sleeves or nikasil coat the block.

Plan on doing single fuel pump instead of factory twin configuration? Might want to do something with FPR & return line if you're ditching the fuel controller.
    Listen to everything this man says, he will not steer you wrong..

I looked around for months for a shop to build an auto that would hold 550-600hp and every single one said "of course that's easy we'll just throw in more clutches." Additionally, every shop just bad mouthed the other saying only they could do it.. Well after plenty of research, calling and emailing tozo and others, as well as my own personal experience building turbo 350s and powerglides, I can guarantee you the 5hp will NOT hold that power. There just isn't enough room inside it to upgrade. It may last for a little bit but you'll be out $5k at least and be hunting for a 6 speed anyway.

Get with Steveken and 6 speed swap it, have nubcake tune it, and then drive it for a bit while you collect parts. Trust me, it'll be the best decision you'll make.
    RS6: SteveKen 6MT swap, AMD 3+ clutch, Wagners, Hotchkis and Koni Yellows, V701s, Nubcake 100oct tune, 3in catless exhaust