All,

I've done a bit of sleuthing, but no joy, so far. So, I'll throw it out to the community.

I had the A/C serviced earlier this year, as it wasn't blowing cold. I assumed this happened because the car sits for long stretches while I'm out of town. Anyway, in the DC region, you cannot operate without A/C in the Summer. So, I had it re-charged and leak tested (again). No problems. Blew cold air.

Car has sat for about two weeks.

Took it for a 30min drive (mostly highway) today. A/C set to 70. Exterior temp in the low 90s. About 15-20min into the drive, the blowing-cold A/C (fan speed about 1/3 to 1/2) started blowing warm air and the temp-hold function started increasing fan speed to max. Shut it down. Turned it back on. Still blowing warm on max fan speed. Shut it down and rolled down windows.

Got to my destination. Turned car off. Turned car on. Blew cold air. Shut it off and had my meeting.

Turned car back on for return trip. Blowing cold air with fan speed about 1/3 to 1/2. Drove ~20min of 30min trip, and started blowing warm air (with increasing fan speed), again. Very odd, indeed.

Shop thinks it might be problem with the interior temp sensor. Any thoughts?

Also, FYI, on shut down, engine cooling fans are running for an extended period. I doubt it's related, but it's something that's only cropped up recently.

Thanks,

CW