Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New RS6 Owner with a few questions for the more experienced.

If it's AliExpress then it's definitely Chinese crap.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Thanks for all the info, all!

I was able to contact a UK car breaker, and they had a very nice condition tag frame off of a C5, so that's in transit to me now.

Also, Wow! That TCU is a wonderful thing! I was in and out in a half hour, and it really shifts way better now. Super happy about that. Thanks, TravisH!

Hey, guys!

Quick update:
    Well, I'm pretty happy with the exterior condition of the car at this point. I'd like to do smoked side markers (and maybe take some of the chrome out of the inside of the headlights), but otherwise, I think I'm pretty good. On to functional mods!
    The euro rear tag surround showed up, and was an easy install, but my US tag doesn't quite fit in there, so for now it's just sitting in the rear window.
    https://imgur.com/a/aZ5jvMm?s

So far so good, the car continues to drive and operate excellently, and optimistically I've found a mechanic! He worked at audi for 15 years or so, has had his hands on a few RS6's, and is now at an independent shop.

I think first, I'll have him do an oil change / PPI (post-), and install a set of Hotchkis sway bars.

Incidentally, on the passenger side, both sway bar mounting bolts (on the 2 bold half moon shaped bracket) appear to be actually stripped, as well as no longer secured to the subframe. Each of them will rotate when you try to tighten the nut. Anyone got a good fix for this?

Thanks!
    -B