Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time to let mine go! Advice please.

Time to let mine go! Advice please.

Hi folks, finally decided to let mine go, very tough decision as I really love the car. I am stunned to see how little money some of these are going for, and was thinking of listing it around $27,000. Am I out of my mind? It runs great, with one occasional annoying issue - every couple of months, I get a CEL for a check sum error, whihc shuts down the boost. Pull the battery cable, reset, and good to go. There is a custom tune on it From Solo Motorsports here in the Atlanta area. I have another ECU that goes with the car.
    Thoughts on value with the modifications listed? Bring A Trailer the best place to sell it? Thanks for any help and advice. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	28071313377_90fbcc2987_o.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	120.6 KB 
ID:	18566Click image for larger version. 

Name:	29067580298_30d51b526a_o.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	18568Click image for larger version. 

Name:	29067602968_c7536d8bd7_o.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	140.0 KB 
ID:	18569Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41129706470_ca3b429547_o.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	115.1 KB 
ID:	18570Click image for larger version. 

Name:	42038576025_c86eb0b1e7_o.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	130.8 KB 
ID:	18571
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	28071316847_0361ba96f8_o.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	110.6 KB 
ID:	18567  
    RSN-E, V1 wADR, Hotchkiss Sports, KW V3's, EBC Red's, MTM TCU, Custom ECU Tune (with a fix by Nubcake), Catless Downpipes , L10 TC, BBS-CHR's, Venair Hoses, Hella Smoke, Apikol Trans/RrDiff Mnts, SR Hybrid Turbos, Waste Gates, Intercoolers, 750cc injectors.

Very nicely setup car! BaT is probably the best option with very knowledgeable people there. How many miles on the car? And overall condition and history? There is an MTM RS6 on BaT with 19k Miles bidding at $26.5k last I saw. Might be difficult to get that price but you never know. Hanging on to mine!
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

97,500 miles, overall excellent condition. I have dumped a TON of money into it since I bought it in 2008 with 29,000 miles on it, and is has had 100% of maintenance done on time and as needed. Other than the random CEL, the only issue I am aware of is the cup holder next to the parking brake handle wont stay down.

Just listed it on AutoTrader, should be up in 24-48 hours. I think mine looks better than the others there
    RSN-E, V1 wADR, Hotchkiss Sports, KW V3's, EBC Red's, MTM TCU, Custom ECU Tune (with a fix by Nubcake), Catless Downpipes , L10 TC, BBS-CHR's, Venair Hoses, Hella Smoke, Apikol Trans/RrDiff Mnts, SR Hybrid Turbos, Waste Gates, Intercoolers, 750cc injectors.

Your ECU is experiencing the tuner protection limp mode. Tuners familiar with this should be able to code around it. If it's happening every couple of months then you must not be driving it very much. I think tuner protection kicks in after 100 miles after a reset. Maybe you can get it sorted prior to sale.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Screw bat

auto trader is best. Could take a year to get that number

BTW great looking car. Hold out for the number
    Last edited by DHall1; June 26th, 2018 at 19:03.

Thanks for the heads up on the tuner protection limp mode - any additional info? Is it Audi code to prevent custom tunes? They have done plenty of other Audis at this shop, mine is the only one experiencing this. Any info is appreciated, I will definitely get it fixed. Any experts willing to speak with my tuner?

Quote Originally Posted by StevieG. View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on the tuner protection limp mode - any additional info? Is it Audi code to prevent custom tunes? They have done plenty of other Audis at this shop, mine is the only one experiencing this. Any info is appreciated, I will definitely get it fixed. Any experts willing to speak with my tuner?
    This one is RS6 specific, I guess.
    Can be patched out with relative ease by someone who knows what he's doing.
    Another option - use a different base file for the tune. Euro one, 366304 - is a common choice as it doesn't have that issue.

Anyone recommend a tuner in the Atlanta area?

$27,000?? Wow. Not trying to say that's a bad price, just curious if that's the going rate right now for these. Wonder what my 73k mile 6-speed swapped beast would fetch?

Hey Travish325, there have been some that have gone in that range, however I listed it on AutoTrader for 22,900. Looking at the other RS6s on that site, I feel mine is worth more. The only real value is what someone is willing to pay for it.

How much did your conversion cost? That would be a next step if I was going to keep mine, it is currently tuned down to about 500 ft lb torque to keep the trans safe.

Quote Originally Posted by StevieG. View Post
    Hey Travish325, there have been some that have gone in that range, however I listed it on AutoTrader for 22,900. Looking at the other RS6s on that site, I feel mine is worth more. The only real value is what someone is willing to pay for it.

How much did your conversion cost? That would be a next step if I was going to keep mine, it is currently tuned down to about 500 ft lb torque to keep the trans safe.
    It's actually in the process right now with Steve Kendrish. Shoud have it back in a couple weeks. Total cost is approximately $8000; however, I am a little over that as I went with a bigger clutch and had some other work done while everything was apart. My car also has full three inch exhaust, gutted cats, Wagner intercoolers, and will have bigger injectors and pumps soon. I'm curious what I could get for it.

I'd rather spend 8k on a Steve conversion than 10k on another slushbox.

GLWS. Looks great, and evokes memories of my #1. Some of the mods would make for a tough sell in states like mine with onerous DMVs. I miss my Hella Smokes, don't know if they ever left Arizona...
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.

Thanks Papadoc - no issues with passing emissions, although I did have one very fun incident with a guy at the emissions place. We had quite an exchange about catalytic converters and mufflers, and I had recently got the car back from the shop without the intake hoses reinstalled. He asked me to pop the hood and his jaw just hit his chest He had no idea what he was looking at with those two large openings and nothing but engine stuffed in there. He just mumbled something and handed me the test results with a Pass..... it was classic.

In a box on the shelf. You want them?

here is a pic for some Daytona fans. Don't sell the well sorted cars people. You will regret

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0333.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	18577

Quote Originally Posted by papadoc View Post
    GLWS. Looks great, and evokes memories of my #1. Some of the mods would make for a tough sell in states like mine with onerous DMVs. I miss my Hella Smokes, don't know if they ever left Arizona...

Hey Dave, if you mean the intake hoses, I do have mine installed, all good. I have been hearing that these would start to go up in value, do you know something I don’t? That answer is likely yes in a lot of areas but asking about the values.

Damn Dave car looks great!
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

That does look awesome, and the backdrop doesn't hurt either!