Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ceramic coatings - 9h - hydrophobic etc - opinions??????

I'm installing - a fabspeed resinator delete x pipe - its in The process of being custom-made for my vehicle I want to retain the exhaust with the butterflies so it only gets extremely noisy in sport mode so it should be just nice and powerful sounding on regular driving mode should be pushing about 500hp + after that install with itg/ or a (K/N type of) oilless aircleaner/ and I have a custom intake for both sides I'll be installing that I have made .I also have the Maxon front lip - and rear diffuser, front plate delete with PDC after all that's done and painted I'll load up some pics ! I think it's gunna be Hot!! After all that I'll re-sync the throttlebody and everything should be beautiful fast luxurious fast fast luxurious and more fast Lol - oh just hit 100000 ! Lol - happy 4 of July - y'all !!!

It's definitely not for everyone. Part of it is due to the exceedingly high expectations that are made based on seemingly unbelievable claims.

I'm going on just about 5 months with a Wolfgang ceramic treatment. After endless hours of polishing the paint was ready for the coating. The car looks amazing in all light conditions - it's turning heads no matter time of day or nite. First wash was a month later and the dirt just fell off. So well I actually didn't even touch it and called it good. Paint is deeper in color and simply gleams. Have since washed it a number of times of course.

Detailer #2, who's done the RS6 over the years also had his Jag done by my #1 guy. He wasn't thrilled as the paint isn't as slippery compared to wax. He was having problems with water spots. I ended up with a similar problem after being distracted while washing and could not complete the task. I assumed it was impervious to anything sticking to the coating. Wrong. Ended up with a record setting bad case of water spots. It took a deglazing process (ultra fine polish) by machine polisher - then an application of $200 a tin wax. It looked better than ever. Incredibly deep looking paint and slippery to the touch as well.

#1 guy said the polishing will remove the coating. I'm sure he'd freak out if I told him I wanted it off and was going to use a caustic chemical solution....

For those with a long background of consumer level detailing like myself it may and an extreme eye for detail might be better served with conventional quality polish and wax. It's easier to touch up blems as they happen. I'm of the opinion, now, that Ceramic coatings are for those that mainly want low maintenance/easy car washes. I"m not seeing the benefits I was made to understand the coating would offer - besides looking great. The latter may be more to do with the 30hrs of polishing and paint correction that took place before the treatment. In combination with the endless hours I put into it with quality consumer and pro grade polish and wax.

The better it looks the worse it is up close...
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

Just as I thought! - this is exactly what I said in the beginning worded better . Great explanation by the way . ����

As you can imagne, it's only as good as what you start with...and it ALWAYS requires some paint correction...which is good anyway, if you need it...that's part of the job...makes no sense to seal in crap...
    2013 Audi S8