Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Back to the dark side....

My AMG wheels came in for the CL600!!! Wait till you see this 11sec Civic with Distronic, nite vision, full leather and 600hp. Lol

Yeah...I typically wait until the depreciation finishes its massive plummet. (As a rule, I don't pay more than $50k for a car anyway) By that time, you can usually make enough payments to stay ahead of the depreciation, this mitigating the ass reaming you get later. I have no problem using someone else's money for free, or cheap to buy a car. .......
    2013 Audi S8

We are twins!

Add....I don't pay sales tax and generally don't pay plate fees or insurance if the costs are too high.

Cheap cheap cheap is my rule of thumb.

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Yeah...I typically wait until the depreciation finishes its massive plummet. (As a rule, I don't pay more than $50k for a car anyway) By that time, you can usually make enough payments to stay ahead of the depreciation, this mitigating the ass reaming you get later. I have no problem using someone else's money for free, or cheap to buy a car. .......

I don't mind paying to play, but I get tired of it quickly, thus my rapid and frequent turnover of vehicles...I plan to own one of everything before I die...even if it's only for a week...LOL
    2013 Audi S8

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	97C6E501-EAD3-4413-A062-815B331F7A2A.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	18537

Done. It’s fantastic!!

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

How cute they are.

Out with the old and in with the new.

AoA loses another high line customer due to the anemic current product offering.

Mike, keep the RS6 and like many of us original owners, enjoy it's nuances every once in a while while you also enjoy the updated ride in the M5. You've done all of the pricey work on it recently, and won't recoup anywhere near the cost of that if you sell it now. You need an ECU tune though if you only have the TCU done. I can recommend the 034 Motorsport tune, better than the more expensive APR tune I had on my first RS6 that became an Arizona to Maryland donor. With almost 3700 posts you have to stay!
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.

Congrats on the M5! Great ride as per the mag reviews
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Papadoc,

Quote Originally Posted by papadoc View Post
    Mike, keep the RS6 and like many of us original owners, enjoy it's nuances every once in a while while you also enjoy the updated ride in the M5. You've done all of the pricey work on it recently, and won't recoup anywhere near the cost of that if you sell it now. You need an ECU tune though if you only have the TCU done. I can recommend the 034 Motorsport tune, better than the more expensive APR tune I had on my first RS6 that became an Arizona to Maryland donor. With almost 3700 posts you have to stay!
    If I try to Keep the RS6, my wife will KILL me.

We still have the Q7.

And the memories.

By the way, I would not tune this RS6, I don't want to kill the transmission.

As far as "won't recoup anywhere near the cost of that if you sell it now," there is no time when selling it will recoup any cost LOL. It was a gamble keeping it instead of trading back in 2013 on an S8 when I was offered "5 grand" by the dealer (did not actually see the car to assess it, but certainly did not offer a reasonable trade at that time, that was pre oil leak....). So I passed on that 'offer'. I should have did that then. The S8 2013 would have been cheaper than rehabbing the RS6, but rather a couple hundred bucks a month more than the A8L lease I had.

Life is full of should have, could have moments, but I think keeping the RS6 at that time and fixing it brought me some sick kind of Joy, despite being a huge mistake money wise. Driving that thing still puts a huge smile on my face.

I'll still hang with the RS6er's unless my account gets pulled....

Mike
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Quote Originally Posted by Cmnair View Post
    Congrats on the M5! Great ride as per the mag reviews
    It is great. 15 years newer, AWD, all the new tech goodies, and......a warrantee.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    How cute they are.

Out with the old and in with the new.

AoA loses another high line customer due to the anemic current product offering.
    My decision was not 'anti Audi' but rather location location location. Had there still been an Audi dealer here in town as there was when I got the A8L, I probably would be driving an RS7 or S8. I am sick of the hour and a half drive to an Audi dealer for service. This was compounded by the huge amount of time I wasted going back and forth with the DRC issues. And the two places I got service at for that issues forgot the 'deal' with the RS6 and the special treatment we were supposed to get with regard to loaner cars. I always got some 8 year old smelly A6 with cigarette on the floor and crap in the trunk. I totally detailed the loaner I had because I was embarrassed to drive it. Washed, waxed, cleaned the interior, etc. When I returned it they were like "wow, thanks." I was like "you should have been ashamed to call that a loaner car."

Now when I bring in the Q7 at least I have had newer cars as loaners, once an Q5 and last time a loaded 17 Q7.

If the M5 has issues, it's a five minute drive to drop it off, and I am certain the loaner will be a Toyota Corolla or Chevy Cobalt.

Mike

I have taken the wife's SQ5 into Audi once.

Only because there were like 5 recalls piled up and she was starting to mumble

Audi gave me a Toyota Corolla to drive.

That was the last time I ever stepped foot on that service drive. I have never been back nor ever going back.

And yes, I bought the SQ5 new from that dealership for the wife.

They lost my business over a stupid boneheaded decision.

True. They messed up.

But sometimes you get "lucky." When I was in for A8 service and they AGAIN DID NOT HAVE THE FRIGGEN PARTS FOR THE SERVICE, so I was given new A7 as the loaner. Payback for TWO "no parts" issues on the same car. Despite my calling and asking that they make sure they had the parts! LOL.

I no longer even expect a loaner and try to arrange to avoid it. Thus local service. Drop off the car and have a friend or my wife pick me up.

Mike

I get it. They are too busy servicing to actually provide service.

So guess what. They have enough business and won't miss mine.

Audi dealers here are terrible. BMW dealer near me actually has a great service department but shitty sales department.
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Warrantee, shmarantee...no one touches my cars...my vehicles will NEVER see the inside of a dealership...EVER!!! I have 2 outstanding recalls on my new truck...I'll take my chances...
    2013 Audi S8

That's what I said about the the SQ5. At 5 recalls I could not hold her off any longer. Hehe

Now the Cayenne TDI....finally got the final fix done and proceeded to drive right over to my friends APR shop and flash that sucker. I wanted to flash it 6 months ago but had to wait for VW and the grinding gears of gimme my damn money to move along.

While I am a rabid Audi fan, VW can suck it...we couldn't wait to sell our TDI Touareg back...got all the money too.
    2013 Audi S8