Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Back to the dark side....

Back to the dark side....

There is something about these black Benz with 12 cyl and two turbos.

CL600 in the house!!!

black, black, black

Pics or it doesn't count...

I'd be buying this since Audi can't bring us a real wagon...https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/vehic...E/model-E63S4S
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I love my SL65. I've had two. You don't really need to mess with them, they're plenty fast enuf... and a big heavy mega fast boat no matter what you do to it. I actually do think I'm going to Renntech flash my current one, a '07 diamond silver metallic with red berry premium leather pkg interior with about 30k mi.s on it. Sticker was $205k I paid $58k with 25k mi.s several years ago. Mint car. Flash is good for abt extra 50 hp and 100 tq lb ft, putting it at 670 hp and 840 lb ft. And as earth shattering as it might seem to this crowd.... the trans is no problem!! Rated to over 1000 lb ft. But it could use an extra high gear IMO. Only maintenance issues are / can be shocks (pneumatic or hydraulic depending on model... and expensive Mercedes only proprietary part... but can be coil over eliminated but I personally would not) and on convertibles like mine the hydraulic cylinders, there are 9 or 11 I forget, but if change with rebuilt upgraded ones with viton seals etc they will last for decades. That v12 motor is tried and true and stress tested and proven. I actually think the non AMG 600 cars are rarer than the AMG v12s, but that's just me off the top of my head what I see. A mint looking triple black SL65 with 12k miles just sold on bring a trailer for $48.5k. For performance and power and a decked out uber luxury car, you will not beat that, I don't think. If I stumbled upon the right S65 or CL65 I'd buy it no doubt.

Which car did you give up?

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    There is something about these black Benz with 12 cyl and two turbos.

CL600 in the house!!!

black, black, black
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

I have this one at "work"

lol

It's got the butt ugly pie rims right now. AMG 5 spokes already ordered

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Pics or it doesn't count...

I'd be buying this since Audi can't bring us a real wagon...https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/vehic...E/model-E63S4S

Screw AoA

It's got the butt ugly pie rims right now. AMG 5 spokes already ordered
    Thanks for sparing our eyes, better get that thing dialed in...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Yeah, there's something about the sound of those V12TT engines...and the TQ...Oh my!!! My 05 SL65 with a EC tune went 10.99 first time out...
    2013 Audi S8

I have this one at "work"

lol
    hahahahaga
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Thats the plan Stan!

hehe

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Yeah, there's something about the sound of those V12TT engines...and the TQ...Oh my!!! My 05 SL65 with a EC tune went 10.99 first time out...

I agree on all points.

I stumbled and I bought. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by CBeau View Post
    I love my SL65. I've had two. You don't really need to mess with them, they're plenty fast enuf... and a big heavy mega fast boat no matter what you do to it. I actually do think I'm going to Renntech flash my current one, a '07 diamond silver metallic with red berry premium leather pkg interior with about 30k mi.s on it. Sticker was $205k I paid $58k with 25k mi.s several years ago. Mint car. Flash is good for abt extra 50 hp and 100 tq lb ft, putting it at 670 hp and 840 lb ft. And as earth shattering as it might seem to this crowd.... the trans is no problem!! Rated to over 1000 lb ft. But it could use an extra high gear IMO. Only maintenance issues are / can be shocks (pneumatic or hydraulic depending on model... and expensive Mercedes only proprietary part... but can be coil over eliminated but I personally would not) and on convertibles like mine the hydraulic cylinders, there are 9 or 11 I forget, but if change with rebuilt upgraded ones with viton seals etc they will last for decades. That v12 motor is tried and true and stress tested and proven. I actually think the non AMG 600 cars are rarer than the AMG v12s, but that's just me off the top of my head what I see. A mint looking triple black SL65 with 12k miles just sold on bring a trailer for $48.5k. For performance and power and a decked out uber luxury car, you will not beat that, I don't think. If I stumbled upon the right S65 or CL65 I'd buy it no doubt.

I made the mistake of buying the AMG, which seems to have a never diminishing depreciation. $195k car, I bought for $45k...I sold it a little over a year later for $37k...after trying for months to sell it...I see the CL600's for low $20's and high teen's so no real harm there...you just start about 100hp less...which EC can get back for you...so you have close to stock AMG power, without the stinging depreciation...S8 will be doing 10.90's soon...
    2013 Audi S8

The only thing bigger than the power these lay down is the size of those doors....
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Got a sniff of a SL65 with a "trans" issue. Going to investigate this week.

Here come the v12 bombers

Those boxes are bullet proof...if you find one that's hurt, it's been pounded. It better be CHEEEEEEEAP.
    2013 Audi S8

Hint

its the trans connector. Don't tell anyone

May take a shot at this 07 S65. Gray mica/black. My fav