Thread: I have a new hero and it's not from Marvel....

I have a new hero and it's not from Marvel....

Easily getting to the two dozen mark with the amount of times I've had the front clip off one of the cars I've had here. Each time I've elected to remove the inner wheel well liners vs. bend them out of the way to access the bumper bolts. Even with all the wrenching one has to do on this car to repair various items, the ONE item that frustrates me every time is the inner wheel well liners. If cars are made on an assembly line, I seriously applaud the gaffer that has the job of installing and fastening the liners..... I know I would miss the end of my work stage if I was in charge of installing them..... For this reason, THIS guy is my new hero!!
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

I feel ya

just did mine

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8981.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	18457

I usually remove the liners entirely rather than working around them. Just a few more screws. Such a pain either way!
    03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory

For me, it's the fact that the top has to go in behind the fender and the bottoms are in front of fender. Getting the outside edge in to alignment and in place is a fuss because the inside has to fit up and around that seam weld at the top. I had better success as a teen getting a bra strap off with one hand of the second or third go round vs. getting an inner liner in place with out frustration....
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down