Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are all the modded C5 RS6 at? 500awhp to 800awhp+?

Wet roads? What's that?

I think it rained once about 6 months ago. Literally

Benz kept the ol 5speed in the V12s forever. Why? Because it could hold 1000ft/lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    That was kinda the point I made earlier today. The Benz should pull numbers like that. It has 50% more cylinders and 50% more displacement. It should be pushing 800-900hp based upon that fact - but it's not. Doesn't matter though. Still goes like mad - when the roads are dry - which in PHX is often I'm sure. Not here. My friend had an E63 which he gave up driving due to problems with traction and driveability. I image the Bi12 is even worse.

I spend x amt of money on my cars and expect a return. I must be doing something right

Quote Originally Posted by RS6Goals View Post
    Lets do a price check on that C7 S6? what is it? 25-30k? if all you care is 1/4 then id go with American muscle and be done with it.

I agree with this. I just dont understand why people spend x amount of money on a car and they expect to get that money back when they sell it.
    They call it a money pit for a reason lol

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    I spend x amt of money on my cars and expect a return. I must be doing something right
    You expect a return yes. Do you get that exact x amount back?

Skimmed it, didnt find anything of interest. Same information I found and what was posted here. Looks like by the same people too....
    And here I thought that the experiences of another actual owner of one of these cars, who also did or planned to do much of the work himself (like you), who also had the EXACT SAME GOALS in mind as you, and who protested when this group informed him of the difficulties he'd likely encounter, who then encountered EXACTLY THE SAME difficulties that had been predicted and then finally gave up on the project might prove informative to you...

My bad.

This thread just keeps getting deeper...
    and entertaining.

I'd settle for keeping my car stock and getting the friggen electronic issue fixed for little or no money LOL. I am just ignoring it and enjoying the measly 450 hp....

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Quote Originally Posted by ZCD2.7T View Post
    And here I thought that the experiences of another actual owner of one of these cars, who also did or planned to do much of the work himself (like you), who also had the EXACT SAME GOALS in mind as you, and who protested when this group informed him of the difficulties he'd likely encounter, who then encountered EXACTLY THE SAME difficulties that had been predicted and then finally gave up on the project might prove informative to you...

My bad.

Informative sure. But i didn't see him build close to what i was looking for. Unless he actually started building a turbo swap and all and i missed it. Then in that case i will go back and check it.

You guys have said it yourself this forums gets enough of these type of thread so why spend the time rereading the same comment about how it can't be done unless you have 20k+ and at that point your better off with a different car.

If your trying to build something new time should be spent on figuring out how to do that now how another person got discurrage and gave up.

Informative sure. But i didn't see him build close to what i was looking for. Unless he actually started building a turbo swap and all and i missed it. Then in that case i will go back and check it.

You guys have said it yourself this forums gets enough of these type of thread so why spend the time rereading the same comment about how it can't be done unless you have 20k+ and at that point your better off with a different car.

If your trying to build something new time should be spent on figuring out how to do that now how another person got discurrage and gave up.
    To be honest You should do intercoolers, downpipes and an e85 tune. You will love it. Dont know why nobody has gone e85 on the rs6. Especially the 6 speed guys.
    2004 Sportec RS600 + 6MT + e85
    Fastest RS6 in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by Corbett View Post
    To be honest You should do intercoolers, downpipes and an e85 tune. You will love it. Dont know why nobody has gone e85 on the rs6. Especially the 6 speed guys.
    Because of the inconvenience of going to same gas station . if its not a DD I'm all for it. I daily my old talon on e85 and it got old quick having to plan gas fill up lol

Because of the inconvenience of going to same gas station . if its not a DD I'm all for it. I daily my old talon on e85 and it got old quick having to plan gas fill up lol
    I hear ya. e85 stations are everywhere in my area.
    Fastest RS6 in the USA

Yep, sometimes even more.

You expect a return yes. Do you get that exact x amount back?

Quote Originally Posted by ZCD2.7T View Post

My bad.

Thank you...apparently my point is lost on everyone else here...

To the OP...
    Through ALL of my posts, the ONLY point I was trying to make, is that you are NOT the first one to try to build a street monster out of a RS6. The rest of "us" decided, after seeing this engine out a few times, that it isn't, and won't be worth the effort. That's it. MY opinion...and that's all I was sharing, because I've been there...

AGAIN, good luck on your project...you sound like you really want to move forward...
    2013 Audi S8

RS6Goals, you are dealing with skepticism driven by experience. Like others have mentioned, a lot of people have tried to go down the path of building a big horsepower RS6 and ultimately quit at around 500whp. There is a cost and time barrier around there that most people don't get past. It's not just one thing either, you start to hit the limits of multiple pieces - turbos, intake, intercoolers, transmission, exhaust, fuel system, etc... All these limits can be overcome, but again, cost and time barriers are high.

This is also why you won't find a lot of experienced help beyond this level. There are just not enough people that have done it, and in several cases, the people that have built a big-HP RS6 are doing it as a business, and they don't make money by sharing all the details of their builds.

All this said, despite the skepticism you're getting, we all would love to see you succeed. The RS6 is getting to a price point where more "hobbyist" builders can take a chance on tearing into one. I fully expect to see more people trying different different things and hopefully building some amazing cars!

Electronic gremlins, I can refer you to my good friend Mike who has his entire Dash taken apart because something in his heater or heating switch or God only knows what it is started smoking so if you want to talk gremlins I'll just forward you to him and you guys can talk about gizmo ! Lol 😂

03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory

Dirt cheap v12tt in a CL600 + 1200 Eurocharge tune = 11sec 120+mph

that will cover about 99.3% of the cars on the road.

Im good with that

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Yep, sometimes even more.
    Care to elaborate how or give example? I dont see anyone paying 10k on this RS6, 10k in mods, 5k for labor. Then resell for 25k or more a few years from now.

Could you do this with specific car? sure if its a classic/rare. or you got a really good deal on the purchase. Shoot you loose money as soon as you take the dam car off the lot.

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Thank you...apparently my point is lost on everyone else here...

To the OP...
    Through ALL of my posts, the ONLY point I was trying to make, is that you are NOT the first one to try to build a street monster out of a RS6. The rest of "us" decided, after seeing this engine out a few times, that it isn't, and won't be worth the effort. That's it. MY opinion...and that's all I was sharing, because I've been there...

AGAIN, good luck on your project...you sound like you really want to move forward...
    I think you definitely got that point across. In this thread and other thread that ive seen you post in and I do get what your saying. I'm just not one to get convinced by groupthink. Just because you guys have decided its not worth it doesn't mean its not worth it to me or someone else.
    Besides if I dont try ill just keep wondering so I rather try it and if I fail oh well I guess ill do what the rest of you guys are doing. better to try than not all.

Care to elaborate how or give example? I dont see anyone paying 10k on this RS6, 10k in mods, 5k for labor. Then resell for 25k or more a few years from now.

Could you do this with specific car? sure if its a classic/rare. or you got a really good deal on the purchase. Shoot you loose money as soon as you take the dam car off the lot.

I think you definitely got that point across. In this thread and other thread that ive seen you post in and I do get what your saying. I'm just not one to get convinced by groupthink. Just because you guys have decided its not worth it doesn't mean its not worth it to me or someone else.
    Besides if I dont try ill just keep wondering so I rather try it and if I fail oh well I guess ill do what the rest of you guys are doing. better to try than not all.
    Well stay tuned. Some of us have completely given up on the platform. I think I’ll be around 850whp on e85 using stock manifolds. We will see.
    Fastest RS6 in the USA

What ever you. Please don't buy an RV from me.

On second thought. Yeah, if you need a RV then call me.

You see every vehicle purchase has a clear budget and purpose. Even my daily driver....do I have fun with them? Sure! Do I go race them and drag em a couple times? Sure. Do I dump crazy money in them? Nope