Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are all the modded C5 RS6 at? 500awhp to 800awhp+?

LOL...quit moving the bees nest I'm wacking...!!! All in good fun...I've never seen a dyno chart of a turbo vehicle that (based on turbo size, of course) didn't spike at 4000-4500, and then drop off like a stone to redline...Am I close...
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    LOL...quit moving the bees nest I'm wacking...!!! All in good fun...I've never seen a dyno chart of a turbo vehicle that (based on turbo size, of course) didn't spike at 4000-4500, and then drop off like a stone to redline...Am I close...

https://imgur.com/gallery/HTKn6
    2004 Sportec RS600 + 6MT + e85
    Fastest RS6 in the USA

Fastest RS6 in the USA

Very nice...did you stick with stock compression when you built the engine...or bump it up a little? I think 10 - 10.2 is perfect street car turbo compression, especially with corn.
    2013 Audi S8

Very nice...did you stick with stock compression when you built the engine...or bump it up a little? I think 10 - 10.2 is perfect street car turbo compression, especially with corn.
    Everything was decked but it’s on coated stock pistson so comp is a little higher it’s probably is just above 10:1 comp
    Fastest RS6 in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by Corbett View Post
    Everything was decked but it’s on coated stock pistson so comp is a little higher it’s probably is just above 10:1 comp

That curve looks great. Thanks for sharing.

Now the real question. Since you've provably spent a good chunk of cash. Would you have preferred to start off from a c7 s6?

Nice...gotta have some off-boost power too...When I built my TT 69 Camaro, years ago, I built a 10.3:1 383 iron block stroker...with an older F.A.S.T it still ran 15-20psi on pump...
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by RS6Goals View Post
    That curve looks great. Thanks for sharing.

Now the real question. Since you've provably spent a good chunk of cash. Would you have preferred to start off from a c7 s6?
    probably not. I love the manual trans. But I don’t blame people for wanting them. If I had to start over this project started 4 years ago and s6s went for hella money back then. I’d love a used s8 though the prices are in 35s now which is way more my territory.
    Fastest RS6 in the USA

Nice...gotta have some off-boost power too...When I built my TT 69 Camaro, years ago, I built a 10.3:1 383 iron block stroker...with an older F.A.S.T it still ran 15-20psi on pump...

Awesome! And thanks
    Fastest RS6 in the USA

Final numbers. E85. Stock manifolds. 770s. AMD tune.

890whp
    825 wtq

Mustang dyno
    WOW. I'd love to see/hear some videos of that thing in action.

Final numbers. E85. Stock manifolds. 770s. AMD tune.

890whp
    825 wtq

Mustang dyno
    Very nice.

Now please take it to a track to see what she'll actually run.

Dyno numbers are great and all, but the proof will actually show in the time slip... If the car is truly producing those figures, then 135-140 mph trap speeds should be possible...

Quote Originally Posted by mrdave View Post
    WOW. I'd love to see/hear some videos of that thing in action.
    http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/33...l=1#post289968

Quote Originally Posted by ZCD2.7T View Post
    Very nice.

Now please take it to a track to see what she'll actually run.

Dyno numbers are great and all, but the proof will actually show in the time slip... If the car is truly producing those figures, then 135-140 mph trap speeds should be possible...
    I completely agree that trap numbers don’t lie. I will go back to the s1/4 mike one day but I’m in no hurry at this point since I haven’t had the car for 4 years lol. Want to enjoy it for a while once it’s back.
    Fastest RS6 in the USA

Those are really nice curves! Those turbos are holding boost to redline really well, and the torque curve looks great! I think this helps settle one of the main questions about the stock manifolds. They are clearly not a hard limit to making power.

Did AMD do any pulls on straight 92 gas? I'm curious how your setup would do on that. E85 is not that plentiful in my neck of the woods.

Also, do you know if AMD is planning to sell a 770 kit for the RS6? If they put together a kit with their inlets and downpipes, I bet they could sell quite a few.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggPDX View Post
    Those are really nice curves! Those turbos are holding boost to redline really well, and the torque curve looks great! I think this helps settle one of the main questions about the stock manifolds. They are clearly not a hard limit to making power.

Did AMD do any pulls on straight 92 gas? I'm curious how your setup would do on that. E85 is not that plentiful in my neck of the woods.

Also, do you know if AMD is planning to sell a 770 kit for the RS6? If they put together a kit with their inlets and downpipes, I bet they could sell quite a few.
    655/577 on straight 91. I believe we were around 700 with 92 +meth. I’ll ask jason about making kits.
    Fastest RS6 in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by GreggPDX View Post
    I think this helps settle one of the main questions about the stock manifolds. They are clearly not a hard limit to making power.
    I don't recall anyone saying the manifolds were a problem. The discussion has always been the OEM compressors are the hard limit along with space. You gain space with the 6MT, to which you can then change turbo compressor, which then leads to changing the outlet mount from the manifold. Manifold remains.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

I haven’t had the car for 4 years lol. Want to enjoy it for a while once it’s back.
    Has it really been that long?? Holy hell. I guess that's why I feel fortunate to simply flip flop cars so that I always have one to drive while I 'renovate' the other.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    I don't recall anyone saying the manifolds were a problem. The discussion has always been the OEM compressors are the hard limit along with space. You gain space with the 6MT, to which you can then change turbo compressor, which then leads to changing the outlet mount from the manifold. Manifold remains.
    Agreed, turbine housing has definitely been proven to be a hard limit. I think it's at least been an open question about how limiting the manifold would be, so it's nice to see someone actually pushing the limits.