Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Where are all the modded C5 RS6 at? 500awhp to 800awhp+?

Have you had the engine out of your car yet?
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Have you had the engine out of your car yet?
    No, I have no reason to drop it yet.

Adding 250hp is a good reason to drop it...get to work...
    2013 Audi S8

Fun starts here...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Engine back in 3.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	18515
    2013 Audi S8

There ya go. Just bolt on some 300 dollar Chinese turbos and we're good.

Im busy calling Eurocharge to get my CL flashed. Lmk when you crack 10s and we can run

Fun starts here...

Name:	Engine back in 3.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	18515
    if you think that's fun, try doing that without a lift.

Not the same car but my old WS6 also drops the engine under the car. I think I will be fine/I can figure it out.

Name:	CAM01607.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	18516

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    There ya go. Just bolt on some 300 dollar Chinese turbos and we're good.

Im busy calling Eurocharge to get my CL flashed. Lmk when you crack 10s and we can run
    Since when does a flashed CL600 runs 10? last I check that car is in the 4400lbs and 500hp. Just a guess but you'll probably need 700-800whp+ to run 10's

lol you make it sound like its such a bad thing.
    300 dollar "Chinese" turbo is now supporting 1000whp+ so I think I will be fine.
    Pretty common now in the LS1tech, you might want to get out of that bubble.

Are you in California? because these "we can run" comments are so amusing. I mean sure ill run you after you come to Cali.

All in good fun dude. I'm an old drag racer and don't knock you for any of your goals. More the power to you.

I was running low 11s on my street car 35 years ago. Long before stand alone tuning and fuel injection became the norm. All Motor for me without nos. so I have been there and done that. I don't really care to rip into my platforms just to cobble them up and proclaim this Dyno number or 1/4 mile time. Will I track my cars a couple times? Yep and they all run well without beating on them too hard.

One of my fixer upper RS6s ran 12.50s and I was happy with it. My daily E63 put down a 12 flat @ 120 on my first pass bone stock and I was happy with it. Let's see what I get from my CL.....I have a way of getting all I can get from a car.

As I have said my cars have a clear build plan and then done. If I like them then I keep them.
    Last edited by DHall1; April 16th, 2018 at 04:58.

Quote Originally Posted by RS6Goals View Post
    if you think that's fun, try doing that without a lift.

Not the same car but my old WS6 also drops the engine under the car. I think I will be fine/I can figure it out.

Name:	CAM01607.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	18516

Like Dave...too old for that crap...would never even consider it...that would suck all the fun out of it for me...my "laying on concrete floor" days are over...
    2013 Audi S8

Like Dave...too old for that crap...would never even consider it...that would suck all the fun out of it for me...my "laying on concrete floor" days are over...
    To each their own, Ive never had a lift so I work with what I have. All I see is my end goal so I find ways to get it done.
    This was actually not as hard as I thought it would be, took just as long as pulling an engine out the regular way(on my supra).

How old are you guys? You make it sound like you guys are so old.

All in good fun dude. I'm an old drag racer and don't knock you for any of your goals. More the power to you.

I was running low 11s on my street car 35 years ago. Long before stand alone tuning and fuel injection became the norm. All Motor for me without nos. so I have been there and done that. I don't really care to rip into my platforms just to cobble them up and proclaim this Dyno number or 1/4 mile time. Will I take my cars a couple times? Yep and they all run well without beating on them too hard.

One of my fixer upper RS6s ran 12.50s and I was happy with it. My daily E63 put down a 12 flat @ 120 on my first pass bone stock and I was happy with it. Let's see what I get from my CL.....I have a way of getting all I can get from a car.

As I have said my cars have a clear build plan and then done. If I like them then I keep them.
    I'm the complete opposite. I have ZERO issues consuming the platform and doing whatever I feel I want to do to it(I dont care for 1/4, but I do care for HP to a point that I'm satisfied when I drive it-and this just seems to keep climbing). If it doesn't perform to my expectation I just toss it up for an experience.
    and at times I get too carried away (like my datsun swap ) but it was worth the "journey"

Name:	CAM00598.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	113.9 KB 
ID:	18517

Come on, bring on the photos.....start already.....

RS6Goals you can do it.....

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Quote Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
    Come on, bring on the photos.....start already.....

RS6Goals you can do it.....
    Mike
    Your too much, Didnt you read up there it will take me 4 years so whats the rush. Im only a month in.

I barely ordered the turbo a few days ago to see which route I will go.

Fast home brew project cars. I have no problem with them. That was me 40yrs ago

I get far too busy making money in my old age to mess around with such projects. But good luck. My RS6s are done to my liking and all I do is enjoy them and maintain them at this point.

Working on importing a B5 RS4 and RS6 Avant right now. You see, things that actually make me money.

Fast home brew project cars. I have no problem with them. That was me 40yrs ago

I get far too busy making money in my old age to mess around with such projects. But good luck. My RS6s are done to my liking and all I do is enjoy them and maintain them at this point.

Working on importing a B5 RS4 and RS6 Avant right now. You see, things that actually make me money.

Surprise that someone that's in their "old age" is still talking about money the way you do. You make it sound like you revolve everything you do on money. Like all the purchase you do has to make you profit, shoot even your hobby has to make you profit. Here I was thinking the older you get the less you care about that. But hey whatever floats your boat as long as your enjoying what your doing then good for you.

Ill stick to my career income and keep things separated.

Surprise that someone that's in their "old age" is still talking about money the way you do. You make it sound like you revolve everything you do on money. Like all the purchase you do has to make you profit, shoot even your hobby has to make you profit. Here I was thinking the older you get the less you care about that. But hey whatever floats your boat as long as your enjoying what your doing then good for you.

Ill stick to my career income and keep things separated.
    Yep, for some reason, my whole attitude changed when I hit 50...You suddenly have an epiphany, and sit down and see where you are financially...with "retirement" "right around the corner", you start spending less "foolishly" (for lack of a better term), and start thinking about how you can enjoy life and not spend all your money, because whatever you have, needs to last another 10, 15, 20 years? That is when you want your money to make you money...
    So, projects like the RS6, despite how much we all love them,. and we do, we just want more bang for our buck, so to speak.

AND, being the internet, you don't know who is who, and you feel compelled to share your experiences, just in case that "someone" is just like you...AGAIN, I had the same vision as you, and when I moved forward with my manual swap, and had the engine out for the 3rd time or so, I started looking at what it would take to get to my goal (same as yours), I said screw it, I thought it would be too much work and time, and I found a different "project". I truly wish you good luck, as clearly it CAN be done. I don't have the patience anymore...
    2013 Audi S8

Your too much, Didnt you read up there it will take me 4 years so whats the rush. Im only a month in.

I barely ordered the turbo a few days ago to see which route I will go.
    4 years????????

Your Airbags will be expired by then and you'll never get it registered!

Start TODAY!!!!!

Mike

JK
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Yep, for some reason, my whole attitude changed when I hit 50...You suddenly have an epiphany, and sit down and see where you are financially...with "retirement" "right around the corner", you start spending less "foolishly" (for lack of a better term), and start thinking about how you can enjoy life and not spend all your money, because whatever you have, needs to last another 10, 15, 20 years? That is when you want your money to make you money...
    So, projects like the RS6, despite how much we all love them,. and we do, we just want more bang for our buck, so to speak.

AND, being the internet, you don't know who is who, and you feel compelled to share your experiences, just in case that "someone" is just like you...AGAIN, I had the same vision as you, and when I moved forward with my manual swap, and had the engine out for the 3rd time or so, I started looking at what it would take to get to my goal (same as yours), I said screw it, I thought it would be too much work and time, and I found a different "project". I truly wish you good luck, as clearly it CAN be done. I don't have the patience anymore...
    Interesting insight thanks for sharing. Ill be sure to keep that in mind.
    And yea I actually 100% agree with it being "foolish spending." Its a hobby that I even stop for almost two years(just to see)... couldn't do it, I like diving in and messing with things.

Time and money seems to be the main issues for us all.For me as long as it doesn't constrict my life I'm ok with it. I mean it may seem like I spend a lot of money and time but last year we went 6+ trips, 1 of which is across the world(Norway), Pretty sure were in the 15+ trips in the past 3 years .