Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Where are all the modded C5 RS6 at? 500awhp to 800awhp+?

It's all good...just wanted to give you some insight into some of "our" opinions, and why they are what they are...we actually wish you well...we just didn't want you to make the same "err in judgement" some of us almost made, without the benefit of someone else's experience.
    2013 Audi S8

Wow, 90% of this thread is repeating the same thing, trying to dissuade someone who acknowledged all of the issues raised the first time that they were raised. This tone makes people less inclined to post on this forum outside of a tune/exhaust/IC's.

Quote Originally Posted by RS6Goals View Post
    Your too much, Didnt you read up there it will take me 4 years so whats the rush. Im only a month in.

I barely ordered the turbo a few days ago to see which route I will go.
    You say 'turbo' in singular. Are you going single turbo? Any updates?

Raises hand!

I now have one of the full MTM package cars in my garage. And some very special bits to build a killer engine package.

The MTM car is legit and the fastest RS6 I have ever sat in. Good lord they should have come from the factory this way....will it run 10s no but high 11s easy and maybe mid.

Quote Originally Posted by jibberjive View Post
    Wow, 90% of this thread is repeating the same thing, trying to dissuade someone who acknowledged all of the issues raised the first time that they were raised. This tone makes people less inclined to post on this forum outside of a tune/exhaust/IC's.
    The reason is 90% of the people who have these intentions don't follow through and tend to not know the complexity involved. Has been the case for roughly the last 10 years...it's not so much dissuade, I think it's more buyer beware type of warning. It's awesome when someone pulls off the big build though!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    The reason is 90% of the people who have these intentions don't follow through and tend to not know the complexity involved. Has been the case for roughly the last 10 years...it's not so much dissuade, I think it's more buyer beware type of warning. It's awesome when someone pulls off the big build though!
    wait what? I just made 898whp on a heart breaker mustang dyno back in April!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SdLSSoKYeQ
    2004 Sportec RS600 + 6MT + e85
    Fastest RS6 in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by Corbett View Post

You get a pass, one of the few. What's been the total $$ from AMD and everything else? Must be a beast now, time to snap some axles!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    You may not have the intention to dissuade, but it is having that effect. The more interesting builds are going to go places like facebook, instead of here with a nice archivable format, if they don't feel like they can post without people repetitively saying that what they are trying to do is pointless. I understand the inclination to try to help save someone from themselves, or from their ignorance (I do it all of the time in the B5 world), but maybe 1, 2, or 3 pages would suffice. 12 pages though...

I disagree.
    If anything, all the "dissuading" posts should actually motivate people to post their builds once they're completed. "Prove em all wrong", you know.
    Likely just most of "the builds" are never finished.

Certainly like seeing your gains on performance!!!!

Not discounting your car but yours is a unicorn and a chapter of a ponzi scheme with endless cash.
    Dropping that level of cash, prior to you owning the RS600, isn't for everyone.

It certainly can be done.
    But there are some that will... try.

Proof of that is the Gumpert Apollo
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Certainly like seeing your gains on performance!!!!

Not discounting your car but yours is a unicorn and a chapter of a ponzi scheme with endless cash.
    Dropping that level of cash, prior to you owning the RS600, isn't for everyone.

It certainly can be done.
    But there are some that will... try.

Proof of that is the Gumpert Apollo
    My car was basically completely redone. Not much sportec anything left to it and much faster now. Not nearly as expensive as it was back then. Bolt some 770s up to a stock motor and a 6 speed swap and switch to e85. Car would be a beast
    Fastest RS6 in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Manifolds are unnecessary
    Fastest RS6 in the USA

My car was basically completely redone. Not much sportec anything left to it and much faster now. Not nearly as expensive as it was back then. Bolt some 770s up to a stock motor and a 6 speed swap and switch to e85. Car would be a beast
    Do you know if AMD is planning to sell the 770's as a kit for the RS6? I assume the turbo inlets have to be custom, as well as the downpipes and maybe some of the other plumbing (oil and water). Now that they did the R&D on your car, it would be cool if they could put something together to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggPDX View Post
    Do you know if AMD is planning to sell the 770's as a kit for the RS6? I assume the turbo inlets have to be custom, as well as the downpipes and maybe some of the other plumbing (oil and water). Now that they did the R&D on your car, it would be cool if they could put something together to sell.
    I think he said if enough people wanted to do a group buy he would do it
    Fastest RS6 in the USA