Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are all the modded C5 RS6 at? 500awhp to 800awhp+?

Hybrid View

Where are all the modded C5 RS6 at? 500awhp to 800awhp+?

I picked up a 03 RS6 and was looking at some mods list.
    I find it hard to believe that I'm having difficulty locating build threads for this thing(considering its been out for a long time). I guess I'm spoiled coming from the LS community where everything has been documented at every power level.

I'm looking for 550awhp to start and eventually move into the 700-800awhp later down the line.

aside from the basics.
    Intake/full exhaust (or in my case im going with boost cutout)
    chip/tune/raise boost
    intercooler upgrade (or not as i don't have a problem injecting 50/50 meth)

What are some of the common routes that people take in upgrading this car?
    Considering that I can't seem to find a turbo that will fit.

Thank You

To get to 550whp you'll need to do an O1E 6spd manual swap with the JHM rebuild kit. This gives you the improved 1st & 2nd gear collars. You'll also need Steve K's O1E swap kit and a ClutchMasters HD clutch. It's now official that Tial 605's fit as Tim Haugan's RS6 ( former Sportec Project 6spd car ) is up and running w/ a pair .

With above mods you'll also need new injectors, fuel pump, Wagner IC's , etc...and most importantly a tune. Maybe he can chime in . Corn juice is your friend for the HP you're looking for.
    2016 Porsche GT4- 918 buckets- Track Toy
    2014 Porche Cayenne S- Sport Chrono-Sport exhaust- 2015 E63 S AMG- Ténorise Gray-Black Nappa-

I also came from the LS and Mustang worlds, and you won't find nearly the amount of build-info for the RS6. The market is just too small. Even the the other Audi's (B5S4, etc...) have far more information.

That said, there is still info out there, you just have to dig around a bit for it. First tip: use Google site search to search here. For example try "site:www.rs6.com turbo upgrade" and see what you get.

In general, there are 3 "stages" for the RS6:

(caveat - there are not enough examples to specifically say "do X and Y and get ZZZ horsepower". The numbers I give below are very rough and you can probably find several examples to prove me wrong)

Stage 1: exhaust work and a tune. Stock exhaust is quite good, so just gutting the pre-cats will get you most of the possible power at this stage. You also want to make sure everything is working right on your car too, for example check for leaking intercoolers, MAF's are sealing, plugs/filters are good, etc... I think this stage is good for roughly 400whp (this is very rough, since like mentioned above, we don't have a big database to draw from)

Stage 2: Bolt-on hybrid turbos, fuel injectors, fuel pump, bigger exhaust, bigger intercoolers, meth injection, maybe intake. This stage should get roughly 500whp

Here ends the things you can reasonable do with the stock transmission in place, and even here you'll probably want to explore some of the upgraded transmission options out there. AMD in Seattle is doing some interesting stuff with upgraded internals. To move forward, you'll need to swap to the 6-speed for both physical space and transmission longevity. Also, you are starting to push the limits of the stock rods, although that's definitely open to debate.

Stage 3: Bigger turbos (Tial 605/770/880), Garret GT Eliminator, etc... You'll need at least custom piping for the turbo inlet, and probably custom downpipes. If you really want to get the most out of the turbos, get custom custom tubular manifolds as well. Full 3" exhaust and some sort of custom intake. Probably going to need even bigger fuel pump(s), and might need to put on bigger rails. This is where you want to also take a hard look at building up the block a bit (rods, maybe lower compression pistons, cams, head work, etc...) These setups can push 600-700+ whp, but very few examples of cars like this exist, and the $$$ are getting pretty huge at this point.

Again, there is a lot of good info out there if you spend time poking around, and feel free to ask any other questions!

Welcome! There are many threads on here. 500-550 hp/tq is fairly common. 600+ is highly debatable due to the $10-20k needed.

Don't use the search on here. Use Google and type "site:rs6.com turbo upgrade", or your choice of terms.

You basically need to upgrade the headers, turbos, injectors, pump, cooling, tune for $15k, then you will blow the auto trans, then you can do the 6-speed swap, then you sell the car...this is typical pattern
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Welcome! There are many threads on here. 500-550 hp/tq is fairly common. 600+ is highly debatable due to the $10-20k needed.

Don't use the search on here. Use Google and type "site:rs6.com turbo upgrade", or your choice of terms.

You basically need to upgrade the headers, turbos, injectors, pump, cooling, tune for $15k, then you will blow the auto trans, then you can do the 6-speed swap, then you sell the car...this is typical pattern
    I love that we use exactly the same search example. We need a sticky that talks about searching this site!

Quote Originally Posted by GreggPDX View Post
    I love that we use exactly the same search example. We need a sticky that talks about searching this site!
    Ha, I noticed that, well done!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

nailed it...hahahahaha

Of course someday, somehow, someone will show up with their tamed unicorn...;0

Last edited by MaxRS6; March 9th, 2018 at 23:28.
    210K miles rolled

This is one of the funnier replies ! Lmao!!🤣

3,31,115 in turbo mode

:-)

Im out

Rosstech vag com

This was fun....I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    3,31,115 in turbo mode

:-)

Im out

Quote Originally Posted by RS6Goals View Post
    I find it hard to believe that I'm having difficulty locating build threads for this thing(considering its been out for a long time).
    Welcome. The main issues with making huge hp numbers with this car is physical space (as in there isn't any) and heat management. The other is that the production numbers were extremely low so you're not going to find a ton of aftermarket support. 550whp is doable, but much more than that becomes cost prohibitive.

The main hp upgrades you'll find are: manual 6sp 01E swap, ECU tunes, (Wagner) intercoolers, and w/m to help manage heat. Both the intake and exhaust are quite good in stock form, especially the black "sound enhanced" exhaust. To get to 550whp you're probably also looking at upgraded turbos, a fuel pump, injectors, and a custom tune.

This guy apparently now owns the infamous Sportec "RS600" and is having AMD work it over. Looks like he's got a dyno run claiming 650whp: https://www.instagram.com/p/BbR5vntg...n-by=timhaugan

Thanks for all the reply guys and thanks for the heads up.

At what point does the engine need upgrade? Is 600awhp fine in stock form?

Aside from manual swap to make room
    I’m a bit confused on why the cost is so high considering that they don’t look like they include engine upgrade?

I mean 10 to 20k NOT including the manual swap?

Are you guys including labor or just parts?

Quote Originally Posted by mrdave View Post
    Welcome. The main issues with making huge hp numbers with this car is physical space (as in there isn't any) and heat management. The other is that the production numbers were extremely low so you're not going to find a ton of aftermarket support. 550whp is doable, but much more than that becomes cost prohibitive.

The main hp upgrades you'll find are: manual 6sp 01E swap, ECU tunes, (Wagner) intercoolers, and w/m to help manage heat. Both the intake and exhaust are quite good in stock form, especially the black "sound enhanced" exhaust. To get to 550whp you're probably also looking at upgraded turbos, a fuel pump, injectors, and a custom tune.

This guy apparently now owns the infamous Sportec "RS600" and is having AMD work it over. Looks like he's got a dyno run claiming 650whp: https://www.instagram.com/p/BbR5vntg...n-by=timhaugan

Hi. Thats my car. Its making near 700whp on a heartbreaker mustang dyno on 92+meth. Switching to e85 any day now. High compression engine should love it. Will update when I have something. Car is on stock exhaust manifolds fyi.
    2004 Sportec RS600 + 6MT + e85
    Fastest RS6 in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by Corbett View Post
    Hi. Thats my car. Its making near 700whp on a heartbreaker mustang dyno on 92+meth. Switching to e85 any day now. High compression engine should love it. Will update when I have something. Car is on stock exhaust manifolds fyi.
    Glad it's up and running. You're on the Tial 880's or something like that correct? And fully open exhaust or high flow cats? C'mon you got to give us all the details! AMD tune, and it's manual correct? Handful of things bringing your whp up...

Glad it's up and running. You're on the Tial 880's or something like that correct? And fully open exhaust or high flow cats? C'mon you got to give us all the details! AMD tune, and it's manual correct? Handful of things bringing your whp up...
    They are called tial 880s. Basically tial 770s are a 2871 wheel these are 2873. Not a huge difference. Also larger comp cover. Downpipes are 3” no cats. Straight pipe with a X and 2 resonators. Not that loud actually. Block was rebuilt with ie rods, coated stock pistons. Heads redone with ferrea valves. All custom hardline fuel lines. Completely redone wiring harness and wire tuck. Custom inlets for turbos. Stock exhaust manifolds ceramic coasted. Custom intake setup. Bunch of other stuff. Also custom geared trans now with longer 1/2 and billet input shaft.
    2004 Sportec RS600 + 6MT + e85
    Fastest RS6 in the USA

They are called tial 880s. Basically tial 770s are a 2871 wheel these are 2873. Not a huge difference. Also larger comp cover. Downpipes are 3” no cats. Straight pipe with a and 2 resonators. Not that loud actually. Block was rebuilt with ie rods, coated stock pistons. Heads redone with ferrea valves. All custom hardline fuel lines. Completely redone wiring harness and wire tuck. Custom inlets for turbos. Stock exhaust manifolds ceramic coasted. Custom intake setup. Bunch of other stuff. Also custom geared trans now with longer 1/2 and billet input shaft.
    Thanks for posting.
    If you dont mind can you provide more details?
    Do you happen to have the spec of the tials spec? more specifically exhaust wheel size? I cant seem to find this on google.
    what intercooler are you using?
    how much boost are you pushing?
    are you using the stock Y (before the intake manifold)? or did you make a custom piece?

Well this looks like its already contradicting some people on here regarding the limit of the stock exhaust manifold.

They are called tial 880s. Basically tial 770s are a 2871 wheel these are 2873. Not a huge difference. Also larger comp cover. Downpipes are 3” no cats. Straight pipe with a X and 2 resonators. Not that loud actually. Block was rebuilt with ie rods, coated stock pistons. Heads redone with ferrea valves. All custom hardline fuel lines. Completely redone wiring harness and wire tuck. Custom inlets for turbos. Stock exhaust manifolds ceramic coasted. Custom intake setup. Bunch of other stuff. Also custom geared trans now with longer 1/2 and billet input shaft.
    Did you have to modify the stock manifolds to bolt up to these turbos?

Ez 15k in parts alone plus the 6 speed conversion

you need custom exhaust manifolds, turbos, fuel