Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are all the modded C5 RS6 at? 500awhp to 800awhp+?

Well, Thanks for all the feedback guys. This has been informative, I definitely found out some things to watch out for and found out some great info.

Ill start a build thread when I start planning that 550-600whp

RS6Goals,

More power to you, I for one will be watching your progress either way. You asked for advice and got some, but you can still pull it off.

Take and post lots of photos!

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Yeah. historically, this is typically where we would never hear from you again...but good luck if you trudge on...Make damn sure you hate your money and have lots of time...
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Yeah. historically, this is typically where we would never hear from you again...but good luck if you trudge on...Make damn sure you hate your money and have lots of time...
    I take it you're not a hobby builder?
    It's all part of the process. Historically people that aren't a hobby builder don't "get" why we build shit when its not broken or for no apparent logical reason. (Its called a money pit for a reason). It's not that I hate money or have lots of time, I just like building more.

Quote Originally Posted by RS6Goals View Post
    It's all part of the process. Historically people that aren't a hobby builder don't "get" why we build shit when its not broken or for no apparent logical reason. (Its called a money pit for a reason). It's not that I hate money or have lots of time, I just like building more.
    I am..and being one of the first and few to convert my RS6 to a manual, I can tell you from experience, that your goal is lofty. I had the same intentions as you...but once I had the engine out the 2nd and 3rd time, I realized how much fun this car wasn't to work on and with...
    I respect your desire, as most here do, but trust us...we've seen this desire come and go just as quickly...
    2013 Audi S8

RS6Goals,

I am not going to dissuade you. I am in to an Avant RS6 recreation for oodles of money. My Cam Chain tensioner just failed on my engine with 156K on the clock...so I bought a brand new short block, and have basically gone from the ground up on building a car with a very solid 500-550HP goal. This includes the following:

1) Brand new short block from Audi... Maye the last one.
    2) 53K mile heads ported, polished, three angle valve job
    3) Intake manifold ported and jet hot coated
    4) Thicker head gaskets
    5) Larger fuel injectors
    6) Will test both stock and custom FMU intake, not the one from the group buy
    7) TTE MTM spec Turbos with clipped good for 720-750HP
    8) Custom stainless steel exhaust manifolds from The-tuner in Austria, Jet hot coated
    9) Full Miltek 200 cell exhaust
    10) revised fuel pump and pressure regulator

Believe me, I know I could have had an RS7 for these kind of funds, but it is NOT an Avant, and it is NOT an RS6!!!

Will post some photos soon...

I get you, it's a hobby with a fun outcome! If you can pull it off and make it work, all the pleasure comes from that success!

Get started!!!!!!!

Mike
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencl View Post
    RS6Goals,

I am not going to dissuade you. I am in to an Avant RS6 recreation for oodles of money. My Cam Chain tensioner just failed on my engine with 156K on the clock...so I bought a brand new short block, and have basically gone from the ground up on building a car with a very solid 500-550HP goal. This includes the following:

4) Thicker head gaskets
    5) Larger fuel injectors
    8) Custom stainless steel exhaust manifolds from The-tuner in Austria, Jet hot coated

Believe me, I know I could have had an RS7 for these kind of funds, but it is NOT an Avant, and it is NOT an RS6!!!

Now you're talking! Great project.....and a brand new short block to start off with!

Mike

I stopped over and licked the short block last week

and the cylinder heads.....well they belong in a museum

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9031.JPG 
Views:	119 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	18461

Yes please!!!

RS6Goals,

4) Thicker head gaskets
    5) Larger fuel injectors

This is doing it right.

Can you elaborate a bit on the "MTM spec" turbos? Do you know what the difference between those and the TTE650 that they offer for the C5 RS6?

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    I am..and being one of the first and few to convert my RS6 to a manual, I can tell you from experience, that your goal is lofty. I had the same intentions as you...but once I had the engine out the 2nd and 3rd time, I realized how much fun this car wasn't to work on and with...
    I respect your desire, as most here do, but trust us...we've seen this desire come and go just as quickly...
    I know I haven't dropped the engine on this car but I'm pretty sure I won't have a problem with that. I enjoy working on the car more than actually driving them, and this type of work looks minor to me. I mean everything is there it's just upgrading, Just need to plan what I want and take my time with it.

attached pics. Heres where I'm coming from.
    1st is my last project(98 ws6) This is what im expecting the project to be. More of less fitting a turbo(in this case bigger turbo instead of putting one on) without losing any accessory on an engine bay that's tight.
    2nd/3rd one (Vega) is my current project. Pretty much cut the whole firewall/floor because I wanted to get as close to 50/50 and in the middle of dropping an LS. Obviously 100% custom everything.
    4th. Is an old project. It also when I got a little too carried away and put a turbo v8 on a Datsun

Needless to say, Im not one to shy away from a project no matter the scale.
    I have lost count how many times I've pulled an engine out on a project. I'm sure I'm into the 20-30+ times if you count mock-up. and this only 4 of the projects that ive built...

BTW if your not familiar with Fbody, on the ws6 you also drop the Engine UNDER the car... I do that without a lift in my garage.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1559.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	101.3 KB 
ID:	18462   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1097.JPG 
Views:	150 
Size:	141.3 KB 
ID:	18463   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2125_zpsmxv8ppev.JPG 
Views:	178 
Size:	107.0 KB 
ID:	18464   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CAM00598.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	113.9 KB 
ID:	18465  

RS6Goals,

4) Thicker head gaskets
    5) Larger fuel injectors

Sounds like a lot of big-ticket items. Curious is the work being done by you or a shop?

also whats the hp goal on the car?
    and what the price tag on the exhaust manifold? I don't really want to build one if they are reasonably priced.

Or maybe just reflange the stock one and see how far you can push it

Thanks for posting, please keep up posted.

I know I haven't dropped the engine on this car but I'm pretty sure I won't have a problem with that. I enjoy working on the car more than actually driving them, and this type of work looks minor to me. I mean everything is there it's just upgrading, Just need to plan what I want and take my time with it.

attached pics. Heres where I'm coming from.
    1st is my last project(98 ws6) This is what im expecting the project to be. More of less fitting a turbo(in this case bigger turbo instead of putting one on) without losing any accessory on an engine bay that's tight.
    2nd/3rd one (Vega) is my current project. Pretty much cut the whole firewall/floor because I wanted to get as close to 50/50 and in the middle of dropping an LS. Obviously 100% custom everything.
    4th. Is an old project. It also when I got a little too carried away and put a turbo v8 on a Datsun

Needless to say, Im not one to shy away from a project no matter the scale.
    I have lost count how many times I've pulled an engine out on a project. I'm sure I'm into the 20-30+ times if you count mock-up. and this only 4 of the projects that ive built...

BTW if your not familiar with Fbody, on the ws6 you also drop the Engine UNDER the car... I do that without a lift in my garage.
    Fair enough. I guess being 10 yrs from retirement, my priorities are different now...good luck on the project...I'll be watching for sure...
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by GreggPDX View Post
    This is doing it right.

Can you elaborate a bit on the "MTM spec" turbos? Do you know what the difference between those and the TTE650 that they offer for the C5 RS6?
    So they start as the TTE650's... TTE does all the turbo work for MTM...the turbos on my MTM RS6 are insane....

I asked the guys to make them the same spec....they said sure....thats all I know....As I get more details, I will pass it along.

Warm regards,

Stephen

according to this video im putting down 650hp. I honestly think im nowhere near that
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLzNOficZaw

Quote Originally Posted by spoolinrs6 View Post
    according to this video im putting down 650hp. I honestly think im nowhere near that
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLzNOficZaw
    Oh god, not that again...you are correct in your assumption, butt dyno ftw. Fake news!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Have you looked into the EFR turbos, likely something that fits and has built in waste gates. Nice technology, very good performance...