Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are all the modded C5 RS6 at? 500awhp to 800awhp+?

You could always go this route: https://blog.1aauto.com/2003-audi-rs6-ls1-engine-swap/

In all seriousness, one of these "big hp" threads from a new owner pop up on a semi-regular basis so we're all a bit salty. I'd honestly love to see someone mod the hell out of one of these cars but to my knowledge it hasn't been done yet because of what everyone here is saying. If you do attempt it, please post a bunch of pics. It would be fun to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    600whp is a stretch. Assuming 15-18% drivetrain loss anyway. 800whp is a waste of time on this platform. Parts are simply too expensive, and labour simply too high - even if you wrench and fab yourself. Yes, you have to account for your own time at some point when it starts to exceed 'maintenance'.

There 'might' be a C5 running a 10sec slip, but it's not on this forum. IF there is one, it's a far cry from normal and includes a host of $$$ to lay claim to doing so.

Asked and answered....
    And I'll be building it myself. I build cars as a hobby so I don't really track the hours. I've accepted the downside of having money pit of a project

And we will see I suppose since I don't plan to go for 800whp until 2-3 years from now. A lot can change from now till then.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdave View Post
    You could always go this route: https://blog.1aauto.com/2003-audi-rs6-ls1-engine-swap/

In all seriousness, one of these "big hp" threads from a new owner pop up on a semi-regular basis so we're all a bit salty. I'd honestly love to see someone mod the hell out of one of these cars but to my knowledge it hasn't been done yet because of what everyone here is saying. If you do attempt it, please post a bunch of pics. It would be fun to watch!
    I saw that before on ls1tech. I had consider it since I'm pretty familiar with LS but the car is fully functional so to me it doesn't make sense.

And yea I notice that, I couldn't tell if it's purist mentality or something else. And I'll try not to disappoint.

On a side note what do you guys use to data log? Looking to make some comparison.

+1. It's my observations having worked on three different cars in varying levels of capacity that the challenge isn't the hand assembled Cosworth engine. It's the physical volume limitations. MOST owners will not go to insane levels of modification to adjust the physical parameters of the compartment, or the configuration of the engine and it's components. At least not owners that drive this car. Yes this car is the Devil in sheep's clothing and an Autobahn speedboat, but it's far from a track star.

I can easily modify the power output in my turbo Buick by running different turbo(s), along with other bolt-ons. I can also go to the extremes of fabricating something insane and still be further ahead because at least I had space....

If you don't already own a C5 RS6, then I think you first need to take a look at the space limitations before you pour your heart and sole in to thinking this is the route you wish to go. Long time members have all heard and seen the same optimism and excitement time over again and again.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

This car burned to the ground if I recall correctly.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Rosstech vag com

This was fun....I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    3,31,115 in turbo mode

:-)

Im out

Quote Originally Posted by RS6Goals View Post
    On a side note what do you guys use to data log? Looking to make some comparison.
    https://www.europaparts.com/general/...eat-skoda.html

I don't think there are any other viable options.

Quote Originally Posted by RS6Goals View Post
    Im not following this logic. Unless im missing something isnt the c7 s6 only rated at 420hp? so even after a chipped RS6, s6 is more money for slower?

and not to be an @$$ but did you really just bring up a RS7 into this, I mean the price difference alone...I don't know about your financial situation but I certainly cannot afford a 100k car

C7 S6
    Can be had on the used market for ~$30k all day
    420 hp, APR Stage 2 tuned to 600-ish hp $1.5k

C7 RS7
    reaching mid-$50k's
    560hp out of the box, APR tuned to 760hp $3k

Let me remind you that you've purchased a used $100k car (adjusted for inflation) for a fraction of the original MSRP. Unfortunately, people quickly forget it still has the maintance cost of that original price.

I know what I have, time & money, in my car over the past 4 years and it's easily reached the entry fee to a C7 S6 and still is nowhere near ready to support the power numbers you're aiming for.

The point being there are better options out there for your goal. Many have come and gone after realizing this. If you're bent on sticking with the C5 take a look at the extensive work done on the RS600 to get to 650whp, maybe reach out to Corbett himself. Somewhere in the instagram comments, AMD mentioned building a second would be quicker but likely cost more. Dig up the old Milka build thread, it's fantastic and a shame he went silent a few years back.

Good luck! Looking forward to anything new on this topic.

To stir the pot a little, I saw these on rs246 a while back.

https://forum.rs246.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=125456
    https://forum.rs246.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=127304
    03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory

Quote Originally Posted by bethridg View Post
    C7 S6

C7 RS7
    reaching mid-$50k's

]
    B I N G O, Bingo was his name oooooo

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

I've probably seen 4-5 of similar threads / aspirations in my brief time here, and no slight to the OP or his ambitions.... just observing..... but I seem to recall the 4-5 previous went from being all about it and totally talking it up, researching and math and blueprints and plans etc.... and some I think actually tried to get started... but then not only seemed to throw in the towel (or their busted bank account) in relatively short order, but then totally disappeared from the forum altogether. Like dreaming hard and vocally to totally turning to ghost vapor in the matter of a few months. Good luck though. If your trans is good and you're limited budget as you say, you might as well sell it now while its worth something before you blow it up bc you will.

These cars.... the way they were engineered and built and their age..... IMO if you can keep it running the way it was originally built and intended to perform and keep it reasonably reliable.... you're doing really good, and will enjoy it and have fun with an iconic badass super-sedan of yesteryears, instead of very possibly coming to hate it and adding it to the already well populated CR RS6 graveyard.

Quote Originally Posted by CBeau View Post
    These cars.... the way they were engineered and built and their age..... IMO if you can keep it running the way it was originally built and intended to perform and keep it reasonably reliable.... you're doing really good, and will enjoy it and have fun with an iconic badass super-sedan of yesteryears, instead of very possibly coming to hate it and adding it to the already well populated CR RS6 graveyard.
    Well Put CBeau!

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Yes we have all been here and seen the threads.

Happens when these are hitting 8-10k for rough riders

cbeau you sound like me. I enjoy mine for what they are. Period

No comment...or at least a helpful one...
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by bethridg View Post
    C7 S6

C7 RS7
    reaching mid-$50k's

Let me remind you that you've purchased a used $100k car (adjusted for inflation) for a fraction of the original MSRP. Unfortunately, people quickly forget it still has the maintance cost of that original price.
    This is all well and good but again why is this even still being discussed after I said that its out of the budget. Im trying to build things on the low and you guys are recommending a path that would triple the price.(you're talking about entry price too)

Dont get me wrong if I can drop 30k now ill seriously consider those options you guys are suggesting.

BTW what did you mean by "maintance cost of that original price"? This is new to me. Car is a car and the most part its pretty much all the same. Some just needs less maintenance.

What he said

Move along....there is nothing to see here

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    No comment...or at least a helpful one...

Quote Originally Posted by CBeau View Post
    Yea, about that. If I wanted to keep it stock Id much rather spend it on other cars to be honest.

I can, however, understand why you guys feel this way. Thanks for explaining that to me.

Unfortunately at this point im still interested in pursuing my goal. If I fail or bail so be it, but I know I'd regret it if I didnt try.

>sigh< lol