Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Where are all the modded C5 RS6 at? 500awhp to 800awhp+?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    I don't recall anyone saying the manifolds were a problem. The discussion has always been the OEM compressors are the hard limit along with space. You gain space with the 6MT, to which you can then change turbo compressor, which then leads to changing the outlet mount from the manifold. Manifold remains.
    uh... that's not true.

heres a reminder.
    This one is more of a recommendation. but still kinda implied.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreggPDX View Post
    Stage 3: Bigger turbos (Tial 605/770/880), Garret GT Eliminator, etc... You'll need at least custom piping for the turbo inlet, and probably custom downpipes. If you really want to get the most out of the turbos, get customtubular manifolds as well.
    these not so much. I didn't bother to check past 1st page

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    You basically need to upgrade the headers, turbos, injectors, pump, cooling, tune for $15k, then you will blow the auto trans, then you can do the 6-speed swap, then you sell the car...this is typical pattern

Quote Originally Posted by nubcake View Post
    Exhaust manifolds may be able to flow 750chp, but finding proper turbos that will bolt there and flow enough - is a completely different thing. A pair of used TD05s might fit your budget, but you'll spend a lot of time making them fit.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    you need custom exhaust manifolds, turbos, fuel
    I remembered these since I researched possible options outside of buying an expensive tub. manifold.

You may not have said it but clearly, you and others did not correct or disagree with those statement.

Posts about the limit of stock manifolds are everywhere. And they are all wrong.
    2004 Sportec RS600 + 6MT + e85
    Fastest RS6 in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by RS6Goals View Post
    You may not have said it but clearly, you and others did not correct or disagree with those statement.
    I guess I didn't feel it was my place to correct everyone. I have been very clear about what you're up against. I've provided ample opinion based upon extensive knowledge about this platform (engine out on three different cars a total of 8 times over a span of a decade plus) and you can decide whether that has any merit as you blow thousands upon thousands on your project.

I think it's time for everyone on this forum to quit giving you any feedback at all and let you go through the throes of things yourself. Judging from what Tim has said with his project, it could take you 4 years.... I well know it will take you the price of another car (or more) to execute - if you in fact successfully do such.
    Last edited by Bigglezworth; April 13th, 2018 at 17:36.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

I put a tune on my little low budget project CL600. Should be easy 11sec 1/4

see ya in 4yrs with your RS6

Talk about a bunch of Debbie downers lol. God this place is depressing.
    Fastest RS6 in the USA

It's the track record. Many have come and all have failed.

Your car is different. You started with a much developed platform and stuck with it. For that you get all the credit.

Everybody else that picks up a 8000 dollar beater and expects to create a 500whp beast with 1000 bucks. Not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Corbett View Post
    Not me! I'm really excited about what you've done with your car. I was trying to explain to my wife today about how cool it was that you had built a car like mine, but with so much power! I even talked about how you did it without doing anything too crazy to the car, just big turbos and the right set of supporting mods.

She asked what other cars had that kind of power, and I basically explained that there are no Ferrari, Lambo's, Porsches, etc... that make that kind of power. The only (commonly known) car with more power is the Bugatti Veyron/Chiron.

I've been trying to decide what path to go on my build, and you are inspiring me to do something similar. I'd be really happy to get 600+whp on pump gas, and you've provided a template for doing it. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by GreggPDX View Post
    Not me! I'm really excited about what you've done with your car. I was trying to explain to my wife today about how cool it was that you had built a car like mine, but with so much power! I even talked about how you did it without doing anything too crazy to the car, just big turbos and the right set of supporting mods.

She asked what other cars had that kind of power, and I basically explained that there are no Ferrari, Lambo's, Porsches, etc... that make that kind of power. The only (commonly known) car with more power is the Bugatti Veyron/Chiron.

I've been trying to decide what path to go on my build, and you are inspiring me to do something similar. I'd be really happy to get 600+whp on pump gas, and you've provided a template for doing it. Thank you!
    haha that’s awesome and thanks for the kind words. I wasn’t referring to you in my comments I’m just sick of all the negativity regarding our platform. We should be encouraging people to improve he platform and push it forward. This isn’t a financial advice forum. We all know throwing money at cars is not a wise financial decision. I hope we see more people nodding their rs6s. Sam in Ohio has some upgraded turbos on his car and should be dyno tunes any day now. He also has a pretty mega built auto trans on it with some new excess clutches and some wicked torque converter. We need more of this
    Fastest RS6 in the USA

Dude you said it ! sounds like a geriatric ward of old men trying to get some Nurse tail but only in their sleep .

To the OP, all it takes is money and the drive. All the resources are out there, but if I may suggest something. Get in touch with an owner that has a 6spd swapped RS6 with some mods or perhaps better yet, once Corbett finishes his up, ask for a ride in it and make sure that the car is all that and a bag of chips as far as your satisfaction quotient.

Nothing less futile than re-inventing the wheel so to speak, but I truly hope you get it done man. This place can use a good build thread instead of the usual:
    "I think my tranny is Toast "
    " Is my DRC shot "
    " slight whine"
    " which chip-which salsa "
    " does my RS6 make my thighs look fat "
    2016 Porsche GT4- 918 buckets- Track Toy
    2014 Porche Cayenne S- Sport Chrono-Sport exhaust- 2015 E63 S AMG- Ténorise Gray-Black Nappa-

What brand and size injectors are you running? Stock fuel rails? And what size pump are you running? aftermarket fuel regulators?

I'm starting to plan a bit more detailed and my turbo should get here in a week or so for initial fitment.

haha that’s awesome and thanks for the kind words. I wasn’t referring to you in my comments I’m just sick of all the negativity regarding our platform. We should be encouraging people to improve he platform and push it forward. This isn’t a financial advice forum. We all know throwing money at cars is not a wise financial decision. I hope we see more people nodding their rs6s. Sam in Ohio has some upgraded turbos on his car and should be dyno tunes any day now. He also has a pretty mega built auto trans on it with some new excess clutches and some wicked torque converter. We need more of this
    While it may SOUND like I'm (we're) all being negative, you can't deny how many threads, attempting to make "big power mods" there have been. This is the internet, we don't know anybody. When I see a thread like this, my first thought is "Uh oh, we need to save someone...another someone , like me, that saw a TTV8 car and thought, hey big easy power". For all I know, this guy is a 18-20 year old, who can finally afford his own $10-$15k car, and thinks it is a sure shot 1000hp project. My intent is just to let everyone know, that posts these threads, that it's not that easy and keep your expectations low, be prepared to spend a lot of time and money.
    And again, to be fair, your car started at a point where most people are striving to get to. You've never stated how much money you have in your car, and it's none of our business, but I'm very sure it's more than I would ever spend, and ultimately, that was my point, and I consider myself in the majority. Absolutely nothing against you, as we've all said, we like what we like. I am totally impressed with your car. Do I still love the RS6? Yup. Would I trade you for my car? Nope.

AND, I'm pretty sure in most of my posts, I DID wish the OP good luck, as CLEARLY he has an understanding now of what's ahead for him. And I truly mean it. I would LOVE to see someone take an average $10k RS6 and make it a true 600+awhp daily driver. There's a few out there, but my GUESS is they are $35k-$45k projects...something I wasn't willing to do with THIS platform. So I'll own up to a little negativity, but only because I was there...and it wasn't MEANT to be negative, only informative.
    2013 Audi S8

This thread is AWSOME!!!!!!!!

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    There's a few out there, but my GUESS is they are $35k-$45k projects...something I wasn't willing to do with THIS platform. So I'll own up to a little negativity, but only because I was there...and it wasn't MEANT to be negative, only informative.
    Im not going to address the rest of your post since i think it was the same conversation as what was covered.

I do think your price is off on the car. At this point, I would price this is the 4k-10k car. So average 7k car. (in fact there was one that sold for 7 before I bought mine.)
    Ive literally seen 3 different conditions sell within 1-hour radius from me. 1 with broken trans(I picked up for 4k), 1 average(with a chip) sold for 7k(I test drove), and 1 in great condition(I picked up for 10k)

I will ask about the money estimation. SINCE majority thinks that there are no options but to OVERPAY for parts.
    So ill ask please list out your parts list with $$(and be as detailed as your can-with however much time you want to spend compiling it)

I have a gut feeling that you guys don't do any sort of value engineering.

I guess I didn't feel it was my place to correct everyone. I have been very clear about what you're up against. I've provided ample opinion based upon extensive knowledge about this platform (engine out on three different cars a total of 8 times over a span of a decade plus) and you can decide whether that has any merit as you blow thousands upon thousands on your project.

I think it's time for everyone on this forum to quit giving you any feedback at all and let you go through the throes of things yourself. Judging from what Tim has said with his project, it could take you 4 years.... I well know it will take you the price of another car (or more) to execute - if you in fact successfully do such.

Dont know how I missed this but:
    How can you "feel" like it was not your place to correct everyone when they are spreading MISINFORMATION? and talk about turning a blind eye because it favors your argument.

to be blunt. That has no merit. because did you actually attempt to make big power? or did you only go through planning and didnt even bother trying to build? <-- yea if you don't even try that don't count.

not to sure about time and money anymore considering corbett example.(thanks to him its verified that you can make the power with bolt-on parts. Bolt on parts like turbo and IC cuts down fab time tremendously)

If your willing to spend the money in one go yea it will be a big chunk but im sure it can be done in less than a year(heck even in less than a month) I think you are missing the point that project takes years because they are often put on hold, the TOTAL time you actually work on it is very small compare to how long it sits. The other is $$$ its alot easier on the pocketbook to spend 20k on a project over the span of 4 years. because let's get real if we don't care about the cost it wouldn't take very long.

one very good strategy for this is collecting all the parts that you THINK you need BEFORE starting the build. and once you have all the parts that you THINK you need have a few k just in case.
    That 4 years will look like 3-3.5 years of collecting parts and 1 to 6 months of actual building(depending on how much time you have after your work and family responsibilities.)

So like all else im putting this in the offically same category as the rest.

either
    $$$$$ and little time.

or

$$ and lots of time.

I did notice that theres no one here that actually does their own fabrication???(if you do and built something for the rs6 please let me know-always looking for ideas) we need more hot rodders here that build their own stuff.

(thanks to him its verified that you can make the power with bolt-on parts. Bolt on parts like turbo and IC cuts down fab time tremendously)
    Where exactly are the 'bolt on parts"? 4 year project, fabbed parts, redone internals. That may be bolt together, but certainly not bolt-on that the average owners with wrenches can swap out at will.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

to be blunt
    Being aggressive towards people giving you genuine advice has no merit either.
    Just something I wanted to point out.

Where exactly are the 'bolt on parts"? 4 year project, fabbed parts, redone internals. That may be bolt together, but certainly not bolt-on that the average owners with wrenches can swap out at will.
    The 4 years has nothing to do with it. How long has it been sitting idle for no apparent reason other than he was either to busy or not having enough funds to buy the parts? If you count just the hours actually working on the car is a very small % of that.
    as I said before, collect parts before you build and your downtime will be reduced significantly.

You guys have said yourself 600whp is in the realm of the engine capability. He claim stock engine can handle his power level. So built engine is not needed but more of a nice to have, meaning it doesnt count if you can make the power without it.

Bolt on parts are the big time consuming items. IC/piping and turbo mounting/exhaust manifold.

only fab is the downpipe(maybe) and exhaust(maybe-but this you can buy also). Oh and probably the intake(which is also pretty easy)
    Either way these two can be fab up pretty easily.

so what other would you say needed "fabing" in his project?(and when I say "need" I mean actually had to not because its nice to have)

average owner? hmm can an average owner not swap a turbo? if the answer is no then yea I guess not lol.

Is your average RS6 owner not as capable as other owner?

I was active in the supra forums, dsm forums, ls1tech and perform truck forums and average owner is swapping cams, intake manifold, exhaust, installing bolt on turbo kits, HG, control arms etc. Shoot you even have people teaching each other how to tune a turbo car because the average owner are now buying tuners and want to learn how to tune things themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by nubcake View Post
    Being aggressive towards people giving you genuine advice has no merit either.
    Just something I wanted to point out.
    I don't expect any, not my intention.

If you sit on the sideline while you let misinformation spread yes I will end up being "aggressive" towards you. Makes me wonder what else that person isn't speaking up about because it doesn't support their case.

Im sure he has tons of knowledge and help and what not. And im sure when the build starts he will offer those insight/input.

But I just cannot see past the fact that the arguments here are all opinionated. and the worse one.

I feel like im reading this all the time.

"You cant do it because so and so couldnt do it. Look at all those people that failed. or because ive tried and couldn't do it." like how do you respond to that? im sorry it didn't work out for you?

Look maybe it wasnt possible before but I mean we live in an age now that a $300 turbo will last as long as your namebrand 1500+ turbo, a $150 IC supporting 800+hp, resources are everywhere. Talk about budget builds.