Thread: Rough last couple of weeks

Rough last couple of weeks

Have had two incidents with two of my cars in the past couple of weeks which makes me weary that a third is lurching and getting ready to pounce.

First was an attempt to break in to my S6 Avant. Right outside my house not more than 20ft from the head of my bed and in the middle of the night some buffoon thought it would be a great idea to try and pry open the door frame in an attempt to get in.... They damaged the frame at where it seals to the body, damaged the front passeger seal where it overlaps the glass (bent up and out), and then the same thing for the rear passeger door - except that they also side loaded the glass and shattered it.... Bastard! All that was in my car was a Safeway bag filled with dirty Tupperware that I brought home from the office and forgot to bring in to the house so that I could wash.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3344.jpg 
Views:	512 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	18404

Second was some @#$%er smashed in to the rear drivers quarter panel of my black RS and caved things in 4-6". Enough that the wheel can't turn. I'm presuming they didn't do this intentionally of course, but they also didn't think it was reasonable to leave a not, knock on the door, etc., after clearly damaging their car and mine both. Will need a bumper skin and quarter panel work to repair. I am concened they might try to write it off actually even though the damage is cosmetic. Will know more soon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3612.jpg 
Views:	450 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	18405

>sigh<
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Ugh..sorry Tim...It really sucks the fun out of driving my car, when I know I have to stop somewhere...thus leaving it to some careless tools...
    2013 Audi S8

That sucks
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Both happen in your own yard???

Man, you try to get into my cars at my home and you'll meet one or more of my other toys!

Sorry to hear your troubles.

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

That really sucks -

People suck.

Even so so far up north. Sorry to see the two fer damage

My cars sit inside every night. Without exception

also live on a dead end street

I don't even wash my cars in the driveway or ever leave the Street side garage doors open. I have pull thru doors on the second garage with a concrete pad in the back yard. That's where the washes get done.

I'm partly to blame. I simply have too many cars for my storage collective. My garage is full with three cars and I have two on the street.... I'm hoping to wean down two cars over the course of the year by putting one of the RS6 Sedan's up for sale and to see my S6 Avant also. That way I can ensure all my rides are locked up nice and snug in the garage.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Yep, we "downsized" to 6 cars and all the cars sit inside my two garages

If I add one...one has to go over the next 10 years. That is the agreement with the wife. In 10 years I have to be down to 4 if we move one more time. Otherwise I'm at full capacity at 6

A short run of bad luck that hopefully has run its course. Sorry to hear.

That's downright insidious. And disheartening for everyone that owns these cars.

Despite living in a nicer neighborhood we put up camera's years ago Had a couple car situations that happened to the neighbors and the police were thankful to have the video footage.

I know of a handful of people in my circle that have lost/totalled their RS6's last couple years, all but one in minor accidents. One was totaled after parking on what should have been a quiet neighborhood street shortly after washing it (high speed impact). Mine is kept in the garage at home and work. Only twice in 5+ years did I leave it but for a short while in front of our house. I also avoid city driving when possible, including leaving it unattended longer than necessary. Installed a rear mounted camera on a loop for our dim wit tail-gaters around here. Nothing short of a R8 or GT3 or some modern ceramic marvel is going to out brake me with rear BBK surely not a F250. Installed an air horn that has been quite handy for those in need of a wake up call. Have avoided countless metal bending situations. Of course it's different when the car is sitting out - it's completely vulnerable. Most people are idiots/uncaring, the car is magnet = bad recipe.

Security cameras might be the answer the time being. Think I'm going install my extra cams now....