Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP ME>>>>> this GD car.....

I finally got through to Bentley and now am using their On line version. Have access to the info from any computer! Works on Mac and Windows 7. Their regular reader only works with XP! Do you hear that Bill Gates? You Bastard, there is still a large installed base of Windows XP, why did you scrap it!

Mike

Now the MF Car has another issue. short.......dam it......have to break into the dash wiring.
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Posting a little late but maybe it helps someone else - I use XP emulator, you can set it up on Windows 7-10 I believe. I have it set up on 7 but have looked at it for 10 and believe that it can be done...

Fbatwork,

XP emulator is part of downloadable content of Windows 7, but does not work with the AMD Bulldozer 8 core processor. Those fine programmers at Bill Gates Hell Land, can't figure it out.

Windows 7 should have been built from the ground up fully backward compatible with XP without the end user having to have an advanced degree to set up the "Emulation."

I have a copy of XP for parallels and was going to use that on my Mac Air, but the Web Version they offer works GREAT on any platform.

Mike
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Quote Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
    Fbatwork,

XP emulator is part of downloadable content of Windows 7, but does not work with the AMD Bulldozer 8 core processor. Those fine programmers at Bill Gates Hell Land, can't figure it out.

Windows 7 should have been built from the ground up fully backward compatible with XP without the end user having to have an advanced degree to set up the "Emulation."

I have a copy of XP for parallels and was going to use that on my Mac Air, but the Web Version they offer works GREAT on any platform.

Mike
    Good to know - I will likely migrate to the Web version, I’ve been keeping my old system going primarily for this reason!

Quote Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
    Fbatwork,

Mike
    Use Bootcamp to run Windows on a Mac. You just need an original Windows OS disc, any version. It works great, and you just select a boot drive at startup, way faster than running Parallels or other software where both OS's are running at the same time. Windows runs awesome on my Macs...well as good as Windows can
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I have been using Parrallels for years and it works great. Both OS at the same time! LOL. Does not slow down my mac air at all. I have windows7 currently but have a virtual machine file for XP as well on my iMac. But using the web ap is just easier.

Mike