Thread: Control arms

Control arms

I just finished up replacing a front rear lower control arm on my rs6 with a MYele HD and noticed that the portion of the control arm that connects to the subframe has 2 small rubber spaces that sit it the space around the center grommet and can slide out. I took them out thinking there were just there for shipping but noticed the control arm I replaced had them still in there. Does anyone know if they are needed as I left them out when I put the control arm back on.

They help support and stiffen the bushings. Without them the bushing will wear faster and the suspension will be slightly softer.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

They need to be in. They are to be inserted on the front side of the bushing facing the ball joint.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Since they go in the front facing location, do either of you think there would be a chance that I could squeeze them in there with the control arm in.