Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 517 Transmission. Still good?

Well since it was done when Sam was there and he very well may have been the one to make the upgrades it all may be moot. Yes I have specs or torque numbers somewhere.

Level ten 👌👌

I have a level 10 in mine. Love them. Pat is awesome. Never had any issues and he knows what he is doing. I happened to have my motor out recently so I dropped off my trans to have it serviced while it was out and explained to.him what I was doing. He called me a few days later and told me how he really thinks I should do the new 1000 kit he offers so I did. Once I install and drive the car again I will gladly report back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    These guys have also been mentioned a couple of times on the forum over the years.

https://www.levelten.com/Audi_Transmissions_s/30.htm

I have no personal knowledge, just posting a link from memory.
    they call me Tank

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Well since it was done when Sam was there and he very well may have been the one to make the upgrades it all may be moot. Yes I have specs or torque numbers somewhere.
    Any chance you want to sell the d2 s8? ��
    they call me Tank

I have a couple of people in line for the Avus S8. It's not going to be a cheap ticket if it ever goes up

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7746.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	67.8 KB 
ID:	18368

Im actually considering a Avus B5 RS4 to round out the trio

Quote Originally Posted by RSSIK View Post
    ...told me how he really thinks I should do the new 1000 kit he offers so I did.
    Ha, I'd like to hear the build details. Input shaft can still snap, and no matter how far you mod nobody has ever got past/near 650tq/hp with an auto box in the way of turbos/headers. Granted the higher hp rating the trans the better, but it sure seems like bs as these trans have inherent design flaws that will never allow that much strength, i.e. very small clutch packs, even if they were made out of unobtanium, not happening. The stronger the auto box the tougher the shifting too...smells like snake oil to me.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Ha, I'd like to hear the build details. Input shaft can still snap, and no matter how far you mod nobody has ever got past/near 650tq/hp with an auto box in the way of turbos/headers. Granted the higher hp rating the trans the better, but it sure seems like bs as these trans have inherent design flaws that will never allow that much strength, i.e. very small clutch packs, even if they were made out of unobtanium, not happening. The stronger the auto box the tougher the shifting too...smells like snake oil to me.

I agree. I've dealt with TH400s, 4L60/80s, and powerglides a lot. Those can handle some major power. The more research I do I just don't see the RS6 transmission holding much more than stock. It also doesn't help that every place I call just bashes the others. Lvl 10 says 517 sucks, 517 says lvl 10 sucks, IPT says the others suck. AMD is the only one I've talked to that seems like they will do a legit build.

I will also add that Tozo is the most honest I've talked to. He has helped out a lot, been 100% honest, and has not been out to just take my money.

Having said all that, I think I'm just going to start collecting 6 speed swap parts. That seems like the only option that will hold the power I want reliably.

As I said the transmission is fine...

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    I have a couple of people in line for the Avus S8. It's not going to be a cheap ticket if it ever goes up

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7746.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	67.8 KB 
ID:	18368

Im actually considering a Avus B5 RS4 to round out the trio
    man what a pair of beauties... S8 all done?
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

They are never really done but just about to a good spot.

Supersprint S8 exhaust should be here in a week or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmnair View Post
    man what a pair of beauties... S8 all done?