Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Engine pull

Quote Originally Posted by Jorisrs6 View Post
    bought some 20x9 a8 wheels for the beast. Hopefully have my shop done before the new year so i can start working on the rs and ordering parts. How do i upload pics from my phone? It tells me the files are invalid?
    You may come to regret this choice in short order.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    You may come to regret this choice in short order.
    ??? 20" wheels?

20/9 A8 wheels

are not a known fitment on a C5 RS6.

But hey, what do I know

Offset is 45. Whats wrong with a spacer mr knowitall

Which mr know it all are you making reference to?

the guy with 3 RS6s that does all his own work?

or the guy that's had 6 RS6s that does his own work?

just curious mr youngster Jedi RS6 master.

Wtfdik?

??? 20" wheels?
    Offset is 45. Whats wrong with a spacer mr knowitall
    My comment is for a couple of reasons. The first being a 20" OEM spec A8 rim/tire for a D2 chassis is 255/35ZR20. The D3 chassis had an option for an even wider tire at 275/35ZR20. Then the current D4 models have option for 265/40ZR20.

OEM spec for a C5 RS6 chassis is either 255/40/18 on 18x8.8 (US) or 255/35/19 on 19x9 (Euro). These solutions are both 26" tall tires. Members have eeked out additional with up to 275mm on rims as wide as 9.5 with modification to nubs on uprights, an/or the inclusion of spacers with risk of rub on full turn or fenders rubbing during hard cornering. General concensus from many threads over the years is that a 265/35/19 is a much tire as you can put on this car and any rims wider than 10" won't work on the front. A staggered set-up would be different for this rule, but few are running staggered.

Now, enter non OEM spec A8 solution. The first thing you will notice is that they aren't the same overall diameter. A 255/35/30 tire is 27" in diameter which is a full 1" taller than the OEM cpec for the C5. This will guaranteed rub on wheel wells during turning and interfer with the knuckle on the upright. Further, you will mess up your speedometer/odometer. IF you want to try running an oversize 20" rim, you will need to reduce the profile of your tires to at a minimum 255/30/20 at which point you're nearing rubber band profile. Remember this car pushes 4400 lbs so you will immediately realize the harsh ride with this tiny sidewall. Also, you are at more risk of losing a rim to damage due to poor asphalt surfaces.

Anyway, that was my observation without knowing anything.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Rubberband man always blazing a new road!

https://youtu.be/dXcFFNx0_g8
    Last edited by DHall1; December 23rd, 2017 at 17:17.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Which mr know it all are you making reference to?

the guy with 3 RS6s that does all his own work?

or the guy that's had 6 RS6s that does his own work?

just curious mr youngster Jedi RS6 master.
    thats why i call you mr knowitall. You should be proud now

My comment is for a couple of reasons. The first being a 20" OEM spec A8 rim/tire for a D2 chassis is 255/35ZR20. The D3 chassis had an option for an even wider tire at 275/35ZR20. Then the current D4 models have option for 265/40ZR20.

OEM spec for a C5 RS6 chassis is either 255/40/18 on 18x8.8 (US) or 255/35/19 on 19x9 (Euro). These solutions are both 26" tall tires. Members have eeked out additional with up to 275mm on rims as wide as 9.5 with modification to nubs on uprights, an/or the inclusion of spacers with risk of rub on full turn or fenders rubbing during hard cornering. General concensus from many threads over the years is that a 265/35/19 is a much tire as you can put on this car and any rims wider than 10" won't work on the front. A staggered set-up would be different for this rule, but few are running staggered.

Now, enter non OEM spec A8 solution. The first thing you will notice is that they aren't the same overall diameter. A 255/35/30 tire is 27" in diameter which is a full 1" taller than the OEM cpec for the C5. This will guaranteed rub on wheel wells during turning and interfer with the knuckle on the upright. Further, you will mess up your speedometer/odometer. IF you want to try running an oversize 20" rim, you will need to reduce the profile of your tires to at a minimum 255/30/20 at which point you're nearing rubber band profile. Remember this car pushes 4400 lbs so you will immediately realize the harsh ride with this tiny sidewall. Also, you are at more risk of losing a rim to damage due to poor asphalt surfaces.

i have just the rims. I have a set of 255/30/20 hankooks coming. I like a stiff ride and 18s or 19s look a bit small imo. I shouldve said rims instead of wheels.

You chime on here wanting all this information spoon fed when you can simply search.

Then have such thin skin to take offense of a simple comment of plain fact.

You should try QuattroWorld next.

Good luck with them. Ignore list +1

Gfy

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    20/9 A8 wheels

are not a known fitment on a C5 RS6.

But hey, what do I know

And don't forget that the diff won't appreciate different size fronts and rears.