Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surprised a newer A8

Increasing power and torque effectively increases the numerical gear ratio value when compared to a stock engine. I call it the "cheater" method.

Much as I despite my Revo tune it sure hits hard on the torque.

Should be going head to head with a 550hp Jag next week or two. I hope it's a cold day.....

I am now using Amsoil Octane Boost with each tank. Bought a case last week. Impressive stuff- normally only use it during the summer. It's like my boost is back to where it was before lowering. Might try 2 bottles when the Jag is ready to play...
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

I believe one of the advantages of the 5spd gearing is it's very well suited once rolling. Would predict if gearing was reduced (higher #'s) too much the car would be significantly slower. Unless it had more cogs to grab to keep the engine loaded.

For a drag strip queen would certainly focus on getting the car launched. That's how the new cars are so fast off the line. Short gearing for impressive 0-60's. But at speed the Ol' C5 walks them or is in striking distance.

Drove a 650hp Shelby (595 whp) I worked on years ago and it didn't feel much faster than the RS.

And after driving a MT6 RS6 conversion was a bit let down. Stilly short 1st gear. Car was down on power so was like driving a NA S6. Thinking if a newer Autobox would fit (someone chime in?) that would be the ticket. D
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

Agree Gary... at speed this car is pretty impressive
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS