Thread: Drivers side mirror

Drivers side mirror

My drivers side mirror seems out of focus. Anyone seen this before?
    Is there a fix without replacing the whole unit?

Thx for any info.

Regards,

Mark

I believe your issue is that the mirror's auto-dimming properties are failing and the reflection is becoming obscure/out of focus (mine did this as well). Get a replacement mirror and replace it your self. Really a DIY. I got one from ebay for about $25 - new they are $$$ ($200 ish ???).

Which part #?

Was there anything specific you searched for? RS6 Side mirror?
    RSN-E, V1 wADR, Hotchkiss Sports, KW V3's, EBC Red's, MTM TCU, Custom ECU Tune (with a fix by Nubcake), Catless Downpipes , L10 TC, BBS-CHR's, Venair Hoses, Hella Smoke, Apikol Trans/RrDiff Mnts, SR Hybrid Turbos, Waste Gates, Intercoolers, 750cc injectors.

8ed0857535ak

These things seem to be made from unobtanium - I can't find them anywhere. Any other sources than eBay?

Thanks for any help!
    RSN-E, V1 wADR, Hotchkiss Sports, KW V3's, EBC Red's, MTM TCU, Custom ECU Tune (with a fix by Nubcake), Catless Downpipes , L10 TC, BBS-CHR's, Venair Hoses, Hella Smoke, Apikol Trans/RrDiff Mnts, SR Hybrid Turbos, Waste Gates, Intercoolers, 750cc injectors.

Ecstuning.com
    forcefive in nh
    shokan.com

Quote Originally Posted by EINHORN View Post
    8ed0857535ak
    It looks like that part number has an extra letter. Try 8D0857535AK instead. I'm finding lots of available options, including eBay.
    RS6 #1, 01E, 2.5" straight pipes, AMD Stage 1 6MT tune, 460awhp/530awtq on AMD's Mustang dyno. TOTALLED.. RS6 #2, Ebony Black Pearl on black/silver combination with carbon, up and running with 6 gears and AMD tune.

Thanks for the correction! Anyone know if the S6 uses the same one? https://www.ebay.com/itm/99-04-AUDI-...=mtr#vi-ilComp

The chart doesnt list it, but it looks the same?

I have a few auto dimming mirror inserts I'd part with, if you're interested. I switched to these and love them. https://ebay.com/itm/Audi-A4-B5-A6-C...-/222105529531

Hi mrdave - you have the stock parts? Yes interested.