Thread: How about another ACES thread?

How about another ACES thread?

So, I just added the ACES IV to my S6 for the trip to and from Monterey from the Bay area, about 90 miles each way, and got about an additional MPG even on the first tank with it. And Dave, we are also adding ACES Diesel formula into our Cayenne diesel, which I would guess you'll be doing as well. I had used it religiously in my original RS6, as well as Brian's oil, and at over 135K miles the engine was pristine, per Mr. Hall. Posting this really for those relatively new to the forum, and of course I expect some haters to call this stuff snake oil. Snakes are lubricious. So is ACES!
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.

That is so funny. My Aces diesel formula arrived about two weeks ago and I'm already running my first tank in the Cayenne.

I ordered the BND oil for the Cayenne and even without needing a change I'm switching over. Lol

And you have a Cayenne diesel??!! We are crazy trains x 2

One test drive and I was done.

I played my hunch 2 months ago when I stumbled upon mine. The hunch played out and now we are laughing to the bank with a big fat check and 6 more years of warranty. Doh

i also called Amazon getting into bed with Cerner about two months ago. News broke on that this week as well.

Quote Originally Posted by papadoc View Post
    So, I just added the ACES IV to my S6 for the trip to and from Monterey from the Bay area, about 90 miles each way, and got about an additional MPG even on the first tank with it. And Dave, we are also adding ACES Diesel formula into our Cayenne diesel, which I would guess you'll be doing as well. I had used it religiously in my original RS6, as well as Brian's oil, and at over 135K miles the engine was pristine, per Mr. Hall. Posting this really for those relatively new to the forum, and of course I expect some haters to call this stuff snake oil. Snakes are lubricious. So is ACES!

Amazon is pretty much disrupting every single industry.... looks like healthcare is finally getting on board in terms of cloud services. AWS is working with the CIA and other intelligence agencies as well.
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Today I completed the switchover to the BND QuantumBlue steering fluid formula and lubricant. Really straight forward DIY service and I could not believe I am still only at 66182 miles.
    Also filled up the beast and added some ACES IV to the tank. Will enjoy it for a few miles this week.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    And you have a Cayenne diesel??!! We are crazy trains x 2
    My wife loves her Cayenne, and I love it when we make long trips with it, getting about 700 miles on a tank with that sweet torque for passing on two lane roads. And yes, that VW settlement check is a nice little bonus. Will pay for a lot of ACES!!
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmnair View Post
    Amazon is pretty much disrupting every single industry.... looks like healthcare is finally getting on board in terms of cloud services. AWS is working with the CIA and other intelligence agencies as well.
    WTF ??
    2003 Audi RS6
    Daytona Grey
    APR EMCS

Quote Originally Posted by PCMacDr View Post
    WTF ??
    LOL ... I was responding to Dave’s post on Amazon and Cerner. To put it back on topic what are the oil change intervals with BND oil? I have less than 5000 miles since last August... so it has been more than a year.
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

I guess its better to be in bed with the giant than getting squashed by them. CERN ftw

5000 miles. Depends on the type of miles. Short trips vs hwy runs

at 15 months you could change anytime now. I have run up to 10k when the RS6 was a daily.

LOL ... I was responding to Dave’s post on Amazon and Cerner. To put it back on topic what are the oil change intervals with BND oil? I have less than 5000 miles since last August... so it has been more than a year.

With my prior RS6, I would also have occasions when I waited 10K miles before a change. Had Blackstone analysis done on one of those (posted a long time ago here) and oil still was good with minimal signs of wear. I don't know for a fact, but the analysis suggested that Brian uses ZDDP (Zinc dialkyldithiophosphate) in his formulations. That has known properties to enhance lubricity and protection of metal on metal surfaces in an engine, but was removed from modern oils as it can be toxic to wildlife if in the water table, and also tends to eat up catalytic converters. I ran the oil for more than 70K miles in my prior car, without an issue, and with a pristine engine at 142K. Kept ACES in the tank as well. Hoping to get similar miles on my S6.

And Dave, glad to hear about the AWS-Cerner hookup. We are a Cerner hospital, but that damn Epic is cornering the market.

5000 miles. Depends on the type of miles. Short trips vs hwy runs

at 15 months you could change anytime now. I have run up to 10k when the RS6 was a daily.

Thanks Dave... not a daily... it’s been mostly shortish trips 22 miles round trip with one large 600 mile highway trip thrown in.

22 mile trip involve lots of stop and go traffic?

if so then yeah you're due

my 18 mile commute involves 2 stop lights. Everything else is 70-80mph, curves, onramp an off ramps. i planned well. :-)

Thanks Dave... not a daily... it’s been mostly shortish trips 22 miles round trip with one large 600 mile highway trip thrown in.

22 mile trip involve lots of stop and go traffic?

if so then yeah you're due

my 18 mile commute involves 2 stop lights. Everything else is 70-80mph, curves, onramp an off ramps. i planned well. :-)
    The benefit of living in Arizona . I have about 7 stop lights and speeds upto 55 mph in between.

18 miles

i get to work in 16min

takes me longer to warm up and cool down the beast

:-)

My one way commute of 11 miles can take 20 mins plus. How is the S8 coming along?

S8 has been parked mostly. It's basically done. House projects and a few Cayenne projects to get it up to snuff. Paint work on nose, new turbo wheels and clear bra. Cayenne is now done just waiting for my big fat check.

My one way commute of 11 miles can take 20 mins plus. How is the S8 coming along?