Thread: So this happened today...

So this happened today...

After owning this baby for 13 years I had a low speed fender bender this afternoon. What do you think the repairs will be? It drove fine but I know some coolant leaked out and I shut it down. I am worried about frame damage. My guess is the insurance company, who really doesn't understand out cars, will look to total it. Thoughts? With all the money I have in it maybe I take it fix it and sell it. Just put $12k in the engine a year ago.

Advice? Thoughts? She isnt my daily drive anymore this is D110

This has been my baby and I was considering giving her to my son.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171031_164711.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	145.8 KB 
ID:	18302Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171031_164720.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	134.3 KB 
ID:	18303Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171031_164722.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	112.8 KB 
ID:	18304Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171031_183913.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	18305
    RS6 2003 Mugello , silver, carbon, Revo, KW3s, Hotchkis sway bars, Custom exhaust, Hawk HPS pads, RNS-E, Bluetooth, 19" BBS CH(Black)

Sorry to see the damage. If they total it will you be allowed to buy it back? If you're planning on keeping it anyway for your son a salvage title isn't a big deal and you'll have photo proof of the damage and repairs.

It looks fairly cosmetic, have you looked in the bay yet? Hopefully it was just a hose that popped off for the coolant you saw, or worst case the radiator got a hole poked in it.

Looks like just a hood and radiator to me.... The important thing is the radiator support is in tact. There is no bumper impact so your frame is just fine. Glycol can come from a simple impact on the radiator by the hood, so that is easily repairable. This is pretty cosmetic IMO. You're going to be just fine. Trust me... lol
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

I agree with Bigglez on this one. It looks like the bumper was not touched, which saves a lot of grief. I assume the headlight is toast because the mounting tabs broke, but how does the core support look? Hood, grill, headlight and radiator might be everything that needs to be replaced, and that would not be too bad. I guess the A/C condenser might be on the list too, is the A/C still working?

Can you open the hood? Take some pics in there and see if you can find the source of the coolant leak. In any case, I don't think it's going to get totaled, but I could see a $5K repair bill from a shop using all new Audi parts and respraying most of the front end.

If they do total it and you fix it yourself, you could probably do it a lot cheaper sourcing used parts and putting it together yourself. Do that with a good pro respray and it will be good as new!

Actually, even if they don't total it, take your $5K check, do the work yourself and pocket a couple grand!

Yikes, that was my biggest fear after dumping 15k into mine two years ago, and another 3 last year....plus or minus.....sorry to see this! Hope they let you repair it!

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

PTSD kicking in.

My first thread for reference. Might be some info in there to help. If you choose fix it dig back into my post history to find my repair thread. I still have a spreadsheet full of part numbers if needed. Shokan was my savior at the time but a lot of RS6s are being parted out right now so it could be easier to source parts. Good luck.

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/26...sad-day-for-me
    03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory

Well they came back and said totaled. I dont have any details so I am going to see what they said. They want to send me a $6800 check. If that is the case I will fix it and sell it. Total BS. This car will not be allowed to go out like this. Thanks all.
    RS6 2003 Mugello , silver, carbon, Revo, KW3s, Hotchkis sway bars, Custom exhaust, Hawk HPS pads, RNS-E, Bluetooth, 19" BBS CH(Black)

OK new update they screwed up in the letter. When it said my car was a total loss it should have said "if" you car is a total loss They are going to fix it. Damage estimate of $7k. My plan is to fix her up like new and then let her go to a new home. It is time. A new paint job is on the way. I will also be able to install the carbon lower lip spoiler I got in the group buy years ago.

I can't even begin to fathom where they get $7K worth of repair? Do you get a complimentary tube of vasoline with the deal? lol
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

OK so after many months I am picking up my Beast today. Looking forward to letting her stretch her lungs. They also installed the front lip spoiler I bought on the group buy years ago. My plan would be to sell her soon. I need to get the headliner fixed it has started to come lose. If you have interest PM me. I will miss her but I need to get my son a car and I am driving my Defender as a daily drive now.