Thread: 2003 RS6 6 speed

2003 RS6 6 speed

This is a feeler for my 2003 Audi RS6. 119000 miles. it is Avus Silver with black interior and has been converted to a 6-speed transmission (the euro diesel version). The car has Catless Milltek down pipes, new pads and rotors all around, SRM intercoolers, 2 sets of tires Pilot Sport winter and Pilot Sport summer. It has 19” 5 spoke OE wheels that could use some love. T-belt was done about 3k miles ago. I just replaced all the front end components from control arms, tie rods, wheel bearings, axles. New AC condenser. It has H-sport sway bars and Bilstein coil overs. Just did all the coil packs, Apikol MAF seals and I’m sure there is a ton of other stuff.

Ringer stage 4 clutch is awesome but I’m pretty sure there is an issue with the step height on the flywheel (this is my 3rd clutch of different brands and the general concensus is that the step height is just a little too tall. That being said it runs and drives great but it slips with a tune at full throttle. I have it with a lower boost tune for now to keep it from slipping. I have no reservations saying it will drive across the country without issue. I was going to send the clutch, pp and flywheel back to them to have them sort it out. I would imagine that it would cost about $500 or so to rebuild the existing clutch and machine the flywheel so it all works properly. I also have an all metal slave, a new master and a braided line to go in.

I am at a point in my life with 2 new businesses and a 2 year old that I am really on the fence about whether I want to pull this tranny in my garage or just sell it and buy an RS7. I used to have a lot of time, a lot of energy and a little money. Now I have no time, no energy and a lot of money. I think I’d be looking in the $15k range as is but I don't need the money that much and don't want to spend 8 weeks trying to sell it. I also don't need the money so I don't need to sell it to someone offering $8000. Still not sure if I want to sell but I’d be interested in hearing thought on the price and how much interest there might be out there. I can post some pix in the next few days. Car is in Boston.

What tune? Did you use the Steve Ken kit? Is the flywheel a clutchmasters? Seems like a deal

Pics would be great, who did the swap?
    -Mike-
    03 RS6 Mugello/Ivory #905565
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

Quote Originally Posted by kruat View Post
    Pics would be great, who did the swap?
    EFI Express did the swap. Steve Kendrish kit and FW. It’s going to get a new clutch in December—earliest appt available???—unless it’s sold before then.

I'd love some pics, especially the under carriage. I'm nervous about Boston winters and salty roads.
    -Mike-
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

Quote Originally Posted by UrS6 View Post
    I used to have a lot of time, a lot of energy and a little money. Now I have no time, no energy and a lot of money.
    Could be worse, you could be me, with no time, no energy, and no money! GLWS
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

I'm still interested, would like pics.
    -Mike-
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

My 6 speed was just totalled. How much are you looking to get? Pics? I need to know a.s.a.p before they haul mine away.

Any issues? ECU CELs, etc?
    2003 Avus RS6 01E, nubcake, Hotchkis
    2003 Daytona RS6 01E, nubcake, Hotchkis, rear ended at 50mph, totaled, RIP
    1991 Acura NSX, supercharged, 425rwhp, recently sold

Going in for a new clutch on monday. No issues other than that.

So price, photos?
    2003 Avus RS6 01E, nubcake, Hotchkis
    2003 Daytona RS6 01E, nubcake, Hotchkis, rear ended at 50mph, totaled, RIP
    1991 Acura NSX, supercharged, 425rwhp, recently sold

Pm sent to you