Thread: Beware buying from partsgeek for brakes

Beware buying from partsgeek for brakes

I bought a set of zimmerman rotors (L&R). What I received was one new right and a used right. They screwed up. Im in the process of fixing this but it doesn't look good. Go anywhere else its not worth the hassel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	18205   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	109 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	18206  

Partsgeek is hit or miss.
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

I understand sending a wrong part, but a used rotor!?
    Last edited by audiprotn; September 2nd, 2017 at 15:21.

If I could do it again I would go with amazon using the zimmerman part number. Only 20 or so more per rotor.

I have used them without an issue.....nothing is perfect!
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

That sucks but it seems like a simple screwup especially if they fix it fast. I just ordered the same from parts geek. Great price. No issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wide-66 View Post
    I bought a set of zimmerman rotors (L&R). What I received was one new right and a used right. They screwed up. Im in the process of fixing this but it doesn't look good. Go anywhere else its not worth the hassel.

I have to pay return shipping out of pocket to get my refund. This company is a joke along with its customer service. I am reporting them to BBB for scaming.

This is a first for me. Decades of buying parts and never had this happen. Sad. Just sad.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Wide-66 View Post
    I have to pay return shipping out of pocket to get my refund. This company is a joke along with its customer service. I am reporting them to BBB for scaming.
    Did you pay with a CC? Seems unreasonable to make you pay for their mistake. Sounds like someone returned rotors to them and slipped their used ones in. They should check when something comes back. I'd refuse to pay for it. Always pay safe

So update still waiting on the geek to get back to me if they will refund. Thats fine as my CC company was notified right when it happend so I will ultimately decide if I feel like paying them for the set of pads and 1 rotor for all this hassle. I ordered the other rotor from amazon. The parts came in and are all installed with out issue. I still cannot believe their business model and customer service procedures for when things go south due to their faults. Anyway with the new wheel bearings and brakes my RS6 is happy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Views:	92 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	18234   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	76 
Size:	148.7 KB 
ID:	18235