Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audi going down the tubes? All these major system issues on new cars

We have similar thinking

8 months ago

i found a 13 A8 4.0 w dynamic ride control and it had potential. Hard to find a non-L 4.0tt

i still wanted the S8

found my 13 E63 to spin around as a band aid until I find the right S8

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Had some ass time in a '13 A8 4.0t today. Liked it, but didn't absolutely love it, but mighta could live with it...and the price is ~$10-12k less than a comparable year S8. My dilemma is, it will cost quite a bit just to get to S8 power. I figure $2500 for turbos, $2000 for downpipes and $1500 for APR tune. Spend $10k more and the same $6k, and I'm in super car territory, with a smidge nicer car. Damn cars....

Yeah...I'm torn...the other difference, besides turbos, intake, etc... is the S8 has different cams as well...so even with all the other "bolt-ons", you'll never hit S8 power...but for the money, would it be good enough...?

In the end, I decided no. I want the real deal as there are too many upgrades in the S8.

Give me the 10sec sedan with bolt ons and a flash. I'll take the S8

Yeah...I'm torn...the other difference, besides turbos, intake, etc... is the S8 has different cams as well...so even with all the other "bolt-ons", you'll never hit S8 power...but for the money, would it be good enough...?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CERZHIh.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	18198
    Always thought the RS7 would be the logical progression to the RS6 for us here stateside, however I have been admiring the S8 since it's release in 2013 almost if not more than the RS7. Can we use this thread or open a new thread to discuss merits of both S8 and RS7 platforms?
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

I think just the shape lends the S8 to our eye better than the RS7

there will be some that are drawn to the RS7....but the S8 is more my style.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    I think just the shape lends the S8 to our eye better than the RS7

there will be some that are drawn to the RS7....but the S8 is more my style.
    Agreed... I don't find the RS7 shape appealing... S8 has the classic sedan lines with just a hint of aggression. How about the S8 Plus
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Had some ass time in a '13 A8 4.0t today. Liked it, but didn't absolutely love it, but mighta could live with it...and the price is ~$10-12k less than a comparable year S8. My dilemma is, it will cost quite a bit just to get to S8 power. I figure $2500 for turbos, $2000 for downpipes and $1500 for APR tune. Spend $10k more and the same $6k, and I'm in super car territory, with a smidge nicer car. Damn cars....
    I drove a '13 A8L with the 4 liter turbo for three years, great car, it did not have all the bells and whistles but had the massage seats! LOL miss those. My dad has a '15 S8 (dayton grey LOL) and loves it. His has ALL the options. If you can get a CPO S8, you'll be very happy. He had the '14 A8L with the sports suspension which was MUCH better than my '13. Once he drove the 4.0 L Turbo his '12 NA was not good enough. He is toying with S8 plus and of course I encourage this purchase.

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

I'm also a big fan of the S8, but am not willing to give up the practicality of a folding rear seat.

Gotta put in a plug for the S6. Stock numbers not bad, but great bang for the buck with a tune. Personally, I preferred the look over the S8 and certainly over the 7s, and plenty of room unless you are Driving Miss Daisy and need a larger back seat area.
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.